Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Are we using the football panel as a prep/audition for joining the hurlers?

7 Likes

Probably unlikely to be called up at this stage; but I would have said that the one thing really holding him back was his frame; very light.

A year of S&C for himself & Kelly will do them no harm whatsoever.

Youā€™d actually make a very decent Senior B club hurling side out of the football panel.

1 Like

There were rumours that Kiely/Kinnerk were looking at Diarmuid Kelly for the hurlers after last yearā€™s Intermediate win.

I still think Josh was harshly treated with the underage hurlers. He could probably still do a job for us and he is young enough.

Why, what happened with him??

Do you think heā€™s better than Boylan?

Iā€™d say a jeweller must have been raging when a fucking petrol station chain entered Ireland with the same name as them

Corbett has another niggling injury heading into the football season, disaster.

Different players. Height is the only similarity.
Josh could do a job for you in the half back line as well as half forwards.
He was a bit like Hego was. Overlooked at underage cause ā€˜he didnt have the hurlingā€™. He has the physique and his hurling ability was always there. Could you throw him in next week - No.
Could you give him a year on the panel and start him next year as we should be back to a regular season - I think so.

2 Likes

As far as I recall he was dropped off the minor panel for acting like a foolish teenager.

A broken bone in his foot? Should be fine for championship.

1 Like

Theres a wildness in doon

1 Like

I donā€™t know, Iā€™d say theyā€™re somewhat similar. Both very big, strong, quick, good ballwinners; I would imagine Josh would be looked at as a half-forward.

I know heā€™s played lots of positions at underage and for Doon; I wouldnā€™t really have considered him as an intercounty wing-back, does he have the distribution?

Iā€™ve always had doubts over his decision-making but, having said that, I thought that last season was as good as Iā€™ve seen him in that regard. Boylan also had his strongest club season in 2020, I thought, and would have said it was a good time to really kick on and try and make the 26.

Wouldnā€™t have thought Josh was even half as mobile as Boylan. He had a great club season last year (from the little I saw), he surely merits involvement based on it.

Will the big guns be held in reserve again this week? Dempsey and Boylan didnā€™t do a lot the last day but the ball up to them wasnā€™t great eitherā€¦ But their workfare wasnā€™t good enoughā€¦ Breen deserves another run out anyway, I really like himā€¦he could be our goal getter if he can hit form. Iā€™d like to see DOC get a start tho instead of 5 minutes also. I presume heā€™ll rotate everything around and try get minutes into a lot of lads over the league.

Will they persist with Kyle at CB for another week?

Ah, heā€™s a serious athlete. Again just because heā€™s so big, he can look a little awkward but heā€™s got a lot of athleticism. He did a lot of his best hurling in the full-forward last year, and I definitely wouldnā€™t have him in there at the highest level.

Obviously playing football too.

Iā€™d say itā€™ll be similar to other league campaigns; itā€™ll be a mix-and-match team again, with a few changes. From Kielyā€™s interview post-match, sounded like Kyle will probably be CB again unless Dan is back.

1 Like

I thought they were playing Danny midfield there for a minute :grin:

If youā€™re looking for degenerate odds for HOTY Sham Flan is 80/1 on oddschecker ā€¦

2 Likes