Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

I don’t disagree with you but this set of forwards is on the go now 4 years and Kiely hasn’t seen fit to include Breen to date, it’s possible he wouldn’t be there if Dempsey was fit. I just don’t think he has the steel needed at this level,as a ball wi ning forward as all our current 6 have, no doubt he has the skill, and some guile but not enough in my opinion.

Limerick are a one trick pony, Clare will batter em.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter a fuck who wins. What matters is the game happens. Hopefully once we start we can’t stop. Every cunt in the country has had a go at the gaa, and the GAA left themselves open to that. They should have done better. Optics are everything these days and they could have done more.
But fuck em all. They’ve never let a year go by without the Championship since 1889 and I don’t see any reason why this shouldn’t go ahead.
The thoughts of limerick v Clare and no one at it kills me. But the thoughts of no championship at all is way worse. At least it’s something to keep us going.
I’ve missed a few games over the years with different things I wouldn’t call myself an Uber fan. When we were in 1b I never went to Antrim like @dodgy_keeper etc. And if they were playing the likes of Westmeath or whatever in the backdoor I might give it a miss. But I’m struggling to think of the last munster champ game I wasn’t there. I’m looking back now and I think I’ve been at every first round at least since 1995, when my auld lad started bringing me. Sitting on my couch won’t be the same at all sadly but it’s something to look forward to at least, in a time when there’s fuck all else to keep you going.
I know lads will love to have a go, but I think it’ll be great for some of the older people in the county to have something to keep them going as well. #gaalix

On the game itself I think Clare are unlucky, lohan has had no time and broken time to figure it all out. They seem to have lost a few over the break, but I’d imagine they’ve only lost what lohan was planning on losing anyway, bar those injured. His more direct style will suit in the heavier weather but they aren’t at it long and it will take time for the mentality to change.
At the start of the year I was very confident we’d win the whole thing. But events since have me worried. Limericks full back line has been wrote off and it was the one line we had zero cover in. Morrissey full back is a stop gap and not one I’d fancy to carry us far. Nash is brand new corner back and he used to be a corner forward so I’m not sure he will yet have the instincts for a back. Clare could make hay with them. On the plus side we still have the best of them in Finn.
We rely on long range scores as well and the winter weather won’t suit.
I do think the established management team will suit us and we are good to tackle a lot which will be key in winter, but I don’t think the short stuff will suit this year, and Clare have been letting in ta fuck merchants. Which I think will be ideal.
I think it’ll be a year for the back door myself, but with the shit teams gone that’s a minefield too. There’s no handy draw.
Overall I think KK are ideal for it. They are born let it in ta fuck merchants and they’ve added a few again since last year.
But it doesn’t matter a fuck who wins it, what matters is it happens. I can’t wait.

20 Likes

My boyfriend?

Limerick by 2 or 3 but won’t have enough for Tipp down the road.

Congrats bud… Wishing you both years of happiness.

Breen has the hurley caught right. You on about Dempsey?

Thanks bro, I just needed the pope to be cool with it first

1 Like

Breen and Dempsey hold the hurl correctly. Dempsey is just left handed.

HURLEY ITS A FUCKING HURLEY

You’re from kk. You know it’s a hurl better than me.

Well you’re living there long enough to know it’s a hurley

Dempsey is left handed and AB while holding with right hand has a slightly unorthodox way of gripping Hurley

What’s AB?

Adrian Breen

He hasn’t, he holds it with the bas turned in, so has to turn it when he is striking

1 Like

Hurl

1 Like

Did Barry not make the 26 @Aristotle or is he hurt?

Barry’s not on the panel, Darren is. Didn’t make the 26, he’ll be disappointed.

Sorry yeah. I suppose flan and pat ryan were nailed on for the 26 and he went with Breen. Breen must have went fairly well in the challenges to get in ahead of him.

I wonder if DOD will be used wing forward if he needs to change it up?