Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Yeah, like I would have said Dempsey was nailed-on considering his early season form so I thought it was DOC, Breen & Simon playing for one position. Obviously with Dempsey out, then it was 2 for 3. Apparently, Ryan is in serious form at the moment and is a classic impact sub so is probably at the front of the queue. DOC had a really good club Championship but so did Breen.

Fill your boots ladsā€¦

Backing Limerick never ends well.

3 Likes

PJ thinks differently

I would imagine the current injury situation means the fringe Panel members who are defenders have a much better chance of making the panel

Would have expected DOD as the sub midfielder. Canā€™t expect two mids to play a full game.

Hanley and Connolly are midfielders arent they?

Iā€™d prefer DOD a sub midfielder and Boylan for sub at half forward before Iā€™d bring in Hanley or Connolly.

3 Likes

Yeah, thats about right. There isnā€™t much on the bench truth told

Hanley yes a midfielder

Connolly a defender who can do a job at midfield .

I would have said DOD is likely first HF sub this year. Thatā€™s the position that takes the most out of the team and is invariably our first sub. Heā€™s clearly closest to the first team too.

Without o Donovan and with Nash back corner back to stop that limerick team you just have to shut down hannon and lynch. Very little Creative hurling in the players from 2-12 despite being effective players.

We are going to seriously rely on Gillane to come up with scores out of nothing and personally I wouldnā€™t have much faith in him at the moment. Tom Morrissey regaining his form would be a huge bonus.

The bench is extremely strong despite the injuries.

If I was being hyper critical about that selection, while understanding their hands are tied, heā€™s left the half back line very light on cover.

Would it have been more prudent to start an actual corner back and take a chance rather than to take a chance on Nash? He could have started nash/pol then and had one of them cover.

If any of the hb line go down he could be looking at a rake of positional switches to make one change

Had DOD featured much in the challenge games? Considering he missed the county final with the injury

I donā€™t disagree with that, unless Connolly is being looked at as a half-back. But obviously, yeah, your 5 first-choice HBs, all who would have been in with a very good chance of starting in that line in a normal season, are all there from the start. Quinlan was the 6th HB is the league.

If, for example, Hannon was to go downā€¦ you would think it would be Dan out and bring on a FB. Alternative would be WOD back and a midfielder on. Has always preferred Dan at 6 in the past but either way, youā€™re looking at movement between lines.

I think Nash has been looked at as a corner-back from a long way out; Dan was going to start at wing-back until Costelloā€™s injury; but obviously didnā€™t want to throw one of the young fellas in just yet. Missing out on a league and 6 months worth of training has probably hindered the chances of newcomers to the panel.

Hannon was the one I was thinking about with that post but didnt want to say it.

If he goes down Iā€™d be thinking Byrnes to CB maybe and someone to wing back?

Kyler to CB, DOD center forward

2 Likes

Heā€™s never tried Byrnes at 6 beforeā€¦ Itā€™s a worry alright.

Byrnes has too wild a strike to play centre back at intercounty Iā€™d be thinking. Will ye ever put Kyle Hayes back there?

Kyle stopped TJ reid for the time he was back there against KK.

I think that takes away too much from the half forward line. Kyle is central to what we do from 11.