Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Boylan is having a stormer

1 Like

Cian Lynch has been outstanding so far

1 Like

Things that are right - Pat Simon wan on wan against a terrified Cork corner back and bearing down on goal.

1 Like

Was unlucky not to get a goal.

His workrate has been very impressive.

I’d say about 6 or 7 scores off him through fouls and passes. Tremendously selfless

1 Like

My pep talk a few weeks back has changed his life

1 Like

Coughlan didn’t look out of place at all last night. A fine hurler who’s ready to step up at this level. Great to see cathal o neill knock over a couple of points, he had a tough run out against galway

How many frees did we concede last night?

6 in the first half anyway. I’d guess 16 total

Cork scored about ten from frees

Lads were bound to start fouling from gassing after training hard yesterday morning.

Limerick were so utterly dominant on corks puck outs it made the game redundant. If and it’s a big if cork can sort out a puck out strategy it would be a completely different game. I thought cork opened up limericks defence very easily at times but didn’t really execute the chances.

Over all it was much better performance by limerick. Coughlan was very impressive.

Do you really think Cork revealed their puck out strategy in a league game a month against same opponents ?

I’m not following cork too closely but more just something to keep in mind from limericks pov. When a team is so dominant at puck outs nearly impossible for the other team to play well.

I think Limerick will beat them next day out (Cork need a dry day and it all to go to plan to win) but my sense yesterday was Cork had no interest in that game yesterday or revelanling anything to Limerick as they’ll need everything in their favour and a surprise or two to beat Limerick.

2 Likes

I’d expect limerick to win if there close to their best but I’m not sure the gap between the two teams is as big as presume.

I’d say that is right.

Slight delay to the C/K vs Claughaun game.

Hickey at centre-back. C/K should have scored a goal inside the first minute.

you scouting?

Nope, just an interested impartial observer. Great to have crowds back.

1 Like