Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Has to be a dummy selection. English was badly caught for pace at times in the league between the two sides.

Highly unlikely to be a dummy selection in my opinion.

Kiely has never done it. English looked up to pace the last two days.

Some going to rest the two best full backs in the country

6 Likes

Is that a dummy post?

A point a fucking man.

1 Like

Strong likelihood young Oā€™Neill will see action off the bench

Coughlan, Morrissey, ready, mul and pat Dimon is a great bench none the less

Very underwhelming 26 there youā€™d have to say from Limerick.

2020 Minor semi final v Galway on Tg4 at 7.30pm tonight

A grand spread of clubs here.

Morrissey has never really played well against Cork. They regularly used to target his lack of pace. That could be the thinking.

I wouldnā€™t be a huge fan of Morrissey but didnā€™t he hurl well against them in 2018 when he was switched to centre back early enough.

1 Like

Donā€™t think Kiely has done horses for courses before. Puts out his team and letā€™s the opposition worry about it. Not a bad position to be in to be able to chop and change between two all stars in the full back line, with the next best full back in the country on the way back to the bench too.

1 Like

Ya thatā€™s true actually in the drawn game in cork. Hannon went off early that day. He was exposed early enough on the wing and then got moved inside.

Iā€™m not so sure Iā€™d agree there. I wasnā€™t impressed during the league by limerick. I think form is crucial and Iā€™m not sure how in form some limerick players are at the moment. The proof will be in pudding and maybe they will have improved significantly and blow cork away which they are capable of but Iā€™m worried.

I doubt there is much between English and Morrissey and something like how a player got against a team in the past could be a factor. Iā€™m not sure tbh. I think Hannon needs a big game on Saturday. Heā€™ll be targeted by cork.

Finn could end up at 3 as well. Sort of makes sense against cork and English will be in the corner then.

the form built up gradually. there was improvement every day and I donā€™t think there was much stock put in the league this year.

Iā€™d say theyā€™ll be fully firing

2 Likes

Hannon is the last player Cork will target or indeed any of that half back line. If anything theyā€™ll do their level best to bypass it.

1 Like

Oh hannon Will be targeted over and over again on Saturday.