Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Spoiler alert

6 Likes

Looks ok to me anyway…

Seriously though, no word on how serious it is around the club as of this morning.

Just got that on the WhatsApp. Great photo.

Tom Morrissey looking like the lad with friendship bracelets that rocks up to your barbecue with a guitar.

@Julio_Geordio hasn’t been there because they only use it for Senior games

A word on Peter Casey. 5 points from play in an AI final is massive, 5 points in 25 minutes is just outrageous. He’s been quietly delivering exceptional quality in everything he does all season. The guy has always shown promise to be an absolutely top level forward and is delivering in spades. I hope the injury from the final is not serious because he is now operating at all star level and needs to keep going.

2 Likes

Kilfinane is in a beautiful setting. Bruff is the real deal though.

Just back from sunny Askeaton: Kildimo/Pallaskenry 2-14 Drom/Broadford 1-13.

A huge performance by our footballers against the former kingpins. An early goal from James Molyneaux rocked us a little, but Nasher soon got a goal of his own. A point down at half-time, we came out and were dominant in the second half. Liam O’Sullivan tore through their defence time & time again, hitting 4 from play and Ryan Kelly stuck a second goal to put us 6 up. Cillian Fahy was completely nullified by James Pomeroy & was black carded while Cathal Downes came off the bench to dominate the middle third. They still threw everything at us in the final 10 minutes; Molyneaux, Derry McCarthy & Kevin Noonan all had goal chances but couldn’t convert.

Jack Pierce very lively for Drom, forwards very dangerous, backs porous. Loads of big performers for us tbf.

4 Likes

Patrickswell must be one of the worst set ups in the entire country. Surely the worst for a senior club anyway

1 Like

We used to play a few championship games there every year at intermediate, likes of Oola, Ahane, Cappamore.

As a playing surface it’s top class but a terrible pitch for specators and atmosphere.

It is really a lovely ground.

Doesn’t seem to do any harm, all the uphill hurling makes playing on a flat surface easier.

I genuinely didn’t know ye bothered with football I sincerely hope Kyle doesn’t bother with it @balbec

He did two year ago if I recall

Kyle is a good footballer.

Ulster Rugby sign up S&C coach from All-Ireland champions Limerick Ulster Rugby sign up S&C coach from All-Ireland champions Limerick

We’re done

Take it handy… She’s going to Munster Rugby on a part time basis!

1 Like

The rot begins…

Casey confirmed as a cruciate.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2021/0828/1243355-blow-for-limerick-as-peter-casey-acl-rupture-confirmed/