Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Its not even that, its the heads dropping like you said. That’s just in them. Wake

In 2009 people would always have said the same about Na Piarsiagh.

Soft etc, then a Will O’Donoghue turns up.

4 Likes

As sound a lad you’d ever meet.

1 Like

But monaleen haven’t done it yet, so they’ll still be soft. Na piarsaigh changed it.

That current crop of monaleen players won’t change fuck all.

And for all the talk about Aisling Annacotty have they even won a premier in town and all the money they’re spending. Soft cunts

I do agree. It can be changed though. They’ve a huge advantage numbers wise and if thats harnessed properly they’ll most likely kick on.

I hope they do as well.

Needs to happen in the schools. Castletroy college and the primary schools. As you said Aisling are hoovering up young lads out there. They need hurleys in their hand from 5 and 6 years of age. Parents mighntnt be encouraging it and half of Casteltroy wouldn’t know where the field is

2 Likes

Limerick GAA need to make hay here while the senior team are arguably as successful as they’ve ever been. Development officers need to go into all of these primary schools across the city and try and link the kids to their local clubs.

That is the key really.

6 Likes

100%. Thats it. Put hurleys in hands. Since the religion is gone out of schools that’s harder to do. A rugby man got the principal gig in Sextons and finished off the hurling for good

1 Like

Element of that and soccer did take precedence there. It was very successful too to be fair. Then you have clubs like Christians, Claughaun and Pats who havent been overly hectic either underage over the last 20 years. Unfortunately then a lot of the south liberties, murroe, parrickswell lads etc started going elsewhere too which was a disaster hurling wise.

Ard Scoil Ris was the hurling nursery then from around 2008/9 onwards and in fairness they’ve drove standards on massively since.

15 pupils from the current Limerick senior panel I think. Hats off to them, that is unbelievable.

Sexton St will find it difficult to get back to where it was sadly.

1 Like

Forget about hurling in sextons. Forget about everything but rugby

We got to an all Ireland soccer schools final while I was there and noone gave a flying bollix. Not so much as half day. The Harty Cup lads used get a half day to train of a Wednesday.
They need to get back to that

4 Likes

Mungret gave Murroe an awful hiding in Intermediate last night

There’s no stopping the Mungret train

Limerick GAAs biggest assets are the players, especially the hurlers. All local lads with very clear links to primary/secondary schools and clubs. I know it’s a tired old cliche but the fact that a multiple all Ireland winner could be teaching your kids or drawing up plans for your house means a hell of a lot more to people than some cosseted rugby player, probably here for one last pay day before before retiring back to the high veldt, pleading with you to stand up and fight or some other marketing rubbish. It’s a perfect storm for Munster rugby, with the local bond under serious pressure, no chance of silverware anytime soon and the hurlers an example of how things should be done on and off the field. Get the hurlers in schools, lunchtime sessions even and you are sorted for the next 10 years.

1 Like

They have a really good u19 team too . Themselves and Ballybrown will be some game at that group

Hopefully Limerick and the rising Cork destroy munster.

Any team could do with a WOD to be fair

1 Like

I’ve mentioned it here before WOD told the ould lad that he couldn’t compete with David Burke physically when he came up against him in the League semi final in 2017 and realised what he needed to do. The rest is history as they say.

8 Likes

Assume they will sell tens of thousands of subs for the games will they?

It’s mad thinking back to that match now. My abiding memory was that it was a complete physical mismatch, even big fellas like Byrnes and Hayes looked like children against Galway. Which in Hayes’ case especially wasn’t far off!

2 Likes

We were completely destroyed in that match. Wasn’t it a league semi final in LITGG? We’d been after beating Cork in Pairc Ui Rinn in the quarter final a week or two before.

I think we scored an early goal (might have been WOD himself who scored it) but trailed at half time something like 1-05 to 0-17. The second half was merely a procession. They walloped us.

Sean Finn came on as a sub in the second half and played wing back IIRC.

EDIT - @Bod95 confirmed above it was indeed a league semi.

2 Likes