Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Two through is sick. You can only lose one really

The Dow to lead the charge for 3 in a row :flushed:

2 Likes

Willie definitely wouldnā€™t be considered as a forward at intercounty level. For me, heā€™s a wing-back at that level. Kiely always favoured him as a corner-back. I donā€™t think heā€™s a man marker at all, but had a few good outings in a role similar to Nash where heā€™d mark but also end up free an awful lot. Heā€™s got lovely hurling. I donā€™t think heā€™s sticky enough for corner-back.

I think heā€™s probably in the top 36 hurlers in the county. Is he good enough to get in the 26 now? I donā€™t know that. I think heā€™d be there or thereabouts but heā€™s had so many injuries.

2 Likes

If weā€™re looking for more corner backs I think Chris Thomas should be the next one in line. Young, clever, really good marker. And heā€™s consistently playing a high level of club hurling, as much as I love seeing lower-division players on the panel

In case of emergency break glass

2 Likes

DanJoy

Dromcollogher

1 Like

Drum or Drom ???

Drom.

Says you

Intā€™im Antnee!

Spelling is very important.

I like Thomas, a good young player and did a job on Lynch the last day. His teammate, Tommy Hayes, did a job on Gillane though and could get another call if they need a pure defender.

Are we desperate for corner backs? We have Finn, English, Nash, Dan, Casey, Costello, Boylan. Having pushed 2 wing-backs back weā€™ve solved our depth problem there, it was our weakest area for sure. Age profile of those is pretty decent.

Based on previous years, they might call in one and let them fight it out with Boylan for the extended panel spot. Boylan has been unfortunate with injuries himself.

Itā€™s forwards weā€™re short of. We could do with unearthing another half forward option and with Casey out, Mul possibly slowing up a bit and now Barry Murphy possibly gone weā€™re in need of 1 if not 2 inside forward options. Could also do with developing another midfield option

1 Like

The area in which we have our greatest lack of depth is goalkeeper. Nickie has a good few years in him but there isnā€™t a whole lot behind him putting their hand up.

3 Likes

McNamara?

Move Nash to the forwards. If we get stuck at midfield we could move him there too.

Plenty ability but no interest.

Whoā€™s the best pure inside forward not on the panel? Excluding Downes

Pity, heā€™s an outstanding goalie, always has been.

to be honest Kevin Ryan was absolutely brilliant in goals against Kilmallock - his striking, timing and accuracy on his puckouts were absolutely lethal

1 Like