Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Barry would be around 27 or 28 I think. Could be mistaken but has been abroad for the last number of years. Always had serious pace and skill underage and was a decent soccer player too.

1 Like

Yep.

37 in November.

1 Like

10 more years left in him.

Shur he replaced Natal in goal for the Well and Natal played Junior B this morning, alongside Ciaran.

1 Like

Score?

3 12 to 10 point. The well are leading. 34 mins

1 Like

Harnett is a tough cunt.

1 Like

Athlacca 2-21 Bruff 2-17

Good save Murray, Moran should go lower, a man of his experience.

1 Like

Knockaderry stun Feohanagh, 1-17 to 1-15.

2 Likes

Big shock, disaster for Bruff. In a relegation final unless they can beat NCW. Even if they do, it’ll go to score difference.

There’s no way they should be in a relegation final. They should be winning that out. Jerry will get the road I’d say, it’s a results business and I doubt he’s cheap.

I think it’s the Super in Bruff that’s managing them. Jerry is not there by choice I’m told!

No one in their right mind would manage those useless cunts

3 Likes

4 Likes

Kierans beating Pats must surely go down as the shock of the weekend.

Knockaderry beating Feohanagh means that a draw for Croagh/Kilfinny next Sunday against Knockaderry will be enough to see them through :sunglasses:

What club is he from?

Threecastles

They’ve picked up a few on Inter county transfers

@slimjim did you say Howard wasn’t playing for them??

1 Like

There were some surprising results yesterday, couple of groups thrown wide open at all grades.

Patrickswell were good yesterday, game over inside 10 minutes, Gillane killed Ahane. Ahane were a little poorer than expected but goals can really kill you confidence-wise. Who thought that was the best game to televise, I don’t know. Surely the aim should be to get as competitive games as possible? Ballybrown-Kilmallock was always likely to be closer (if only because Kilmallock were seen as a lot more vulnerable). I know Lynch & Gillane are big names but do people want to watch hammerings in group games?

Blackrock and Garryspillane was enjoyable, sounds like Adrian Cooke will be alright, which is great. Blackrock just had more scoring options in the second half which maybe comes as a surprise, few of the Bouncers not firing. Enough to keep Blackrock up? Scoring difference still against them. Nobody would back Garryspillane against Liberties based on yesterday’s performance, but I still think they’re a lot more likely to get that win than Blackrock were. Otherwise, it’s a Garryspillane vs Monaleen relegation final but any sort of win will do for Garryspillane next weekend to avoid that.

Complete disaster from Bruff, conceding 2-21 to Dromin/Athlacca, it doesn’t seem like they’ve tightened up at all. Surely if Seanie Finn picked up Reidy, they could have reduced that total? I don’t know what Reidy scored but that’s an utter disaster. They’re out now, when really they had to be targeting going senior. And if bottom place is decided by head-to-head rather than score difference (which I think it is), then they’re in the relegation final and the match against NCW doesn’t matter. If it ends up being Bruff vs Murroe/Boher, that would have been more likely touted as a county final than a relegation final. People always say that this competition is the most competitive, I don’t know was it true for a couple of years but seems to be once again.

@dodgy_keeper’s boys had a dramatic victory over Tour. Conceded a last minute goal to put Tour in front, but Cathal O’Keeffe struck back instantly with a goal to snatch the game back. Sounded like a riveting contest back in Feenagh; intermediate seems to be throwing some great contests this year. That puts Tour into the relegation semi-finals; two decent performances, they’ll probably fancy their chances but it’s not a nice place to be. That win puts G/B through and they get a free shot against Bruree to see who tops the group and maybe a more favourable quarter-final. 1-5 from play from Sean O’Connor did I hear?

A bit of a shock in Group 3, as Knockaderry beat Feohanagh in the Bog Garden. Another west derby, you can’t legislate for them. After Sham Flan hit all those scores last week, I would have said he’d cause similar bother for Knockaderry. Feohanagh would have been looking at a county title, but if Croagh get anything at all against Knockaderry (and probably would be favourites to), Feohanagh are in a relegation semi. Very very tight margins. It was only a 2-point defeat for Feohanagh; they were level at half-time but a Knockaderry goal early in the second half opened up a six-point gap very quickly. F/C fought back but couldn’t cut it completely. Knockaderry have booked their place in the knockouts as a result.

NaP hammered Kilmallock in the battle of two second sides, good bounceback from a similar defeat the week before. Puts their score difference in a much better place so probably should qualify from here. Didn’t hear if any returning senior players played? Dempsey, etc?

In junior, the Well bounced back as expected by hammering Monaleen. Mungret backed up their victory in Week 1 to bate Doon. They’re looking very good for a quarter-final place, the match between Feenagh & the Well will possibly decide who joins them.

Shock of the day was definitely Kieran’s beating Pat’s. After getting walloped by Kilteely/Dromkeen, I didn’t give Kieran’s a chance. Blows that group wide open. K/D backed up their first win by thrashing the Bouncers and the talk is they’re the team to beat. Monagea beat Ahane by 7 last night in MNP too. 4 teams on 2 points, K/D on 4, Ahane on 0. Wide open.

No matches in Ballybricken’s group yesterday but their victory has blown that group wide open too, the two East teams on 4 points.

Ballybrown’s second side shocked Killeedy in Askeaton yesterday afternoon; that puts them 2 from 2. Maybe benefited from Hack not bringing on a few established senior players and Killeedy were missing Jack Ahern. Still, a big win for a second side against a team who are always one of the favourites. Killeedy still have a chance but can’t afford any more slip-ups; Ballybrown will be hoping they don’t lose any more next week. May have a Senior A relegation final to contend with also.

6 Likes

Yeah, he’s not turning out for whatever reason I don’t know