Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Someone said that the Well had 8 former intercounty players playing Junior B at the weekend? That’s hardly true?

I know Ciaran is playing.

Rumours that @ciarancareyshurlingarmy has bought him off.

Intermediate Round 3 fixtures next weekend.

Bruree v G/B, Saturday at 5.30pm in Croom.
Hospital/Herbertson v Pallasgreen, Sunday at 1pm in Kilteely.

Bruree and G/B meet to decide who tops group one, both are already through. Luckless Tour into the relegation semi.

In Group 2, Hospital have to beat Pallasgreen. A loss or draw puts them into a relegation semi v Tour. If Malachy’s Men prevail, they’ll join Croom on 3 points and it will come down to scoring difference to decide top spot.

Croagh/Kilfinny v Knockaderry, Sunday at 1pm in NCW.
Kilmallock v Effin, Sunday at 1pm in Kilfinane.

The undoubted game of the weekend is the all west meeting in NCW, which will draw a massive crowd. If Croagh pick up at least a draw then Feohanagh are in the relegation semi. C/K are buoyant but Knockaderry are pure dogged. There won’t be a puck of the ball in it. Should be a cracker and I’ll be in attendance. Expect the three positions in the table to change numerous times over a dramatic Sunday afternoon.

Effin are many people’s favourites after an annihilation against last years beaten finalists Na P. Speaking to a Na P player, he opined Effin are the best side they’ve faced in recent years. Nickie at 6 - the forum rejoices, - Jack at 11 but drifting back to midfield and Tommy at 14. Some family and some spine for a club team. You’d expect them to pick up the win here and advance along with Na P.

Should be an epic weekend of action. The only pity being three of the matches are on Sunday at the same time.

2 Likes

A quick question for the Limerick lads.

Where is the affectionately termed “bog garden”?

Rathkeale.

1 Like

C/K vs Knockaderry definitely the pick of them, simply because there is a lot on the line for Croagh. And both other games in the group have been cracking contests. Agreed that it’s annoying that three are on at the same time, we’re playing junior at 12 the same day so I’ll miss it.

Bruree vs G/B is an attractive fixture but with both sides through already, it lacks the cut & thrust of real Champioonship. H/H have to win, could be interesting, but I expect Pallasgreen to win.

Rathkeale. It’s actually a grand field now they did lot of work on it. I don’t know if it was a place name or what, but it was aptly named for a long time

@dodgy_keeper
How are the wins for GB and Knockaderry likely to affect the West Junior B football championship semi finals? :smile:

What football?? :wink:

That’s what I like to hear :clap:

UNDER 17 HURLERS

Our under 17 hurlers bowed out of this years championship by virtue of a narrow defeat to Mungret St Pauls in the club during the week.

It has been a rough few weeks for this team who had no fewer than 5 games in 12 days .

This is something that will have to be revisited as player welfare is certainly not been followed.

Is there u19 in Limerick as well?

Yes, but teams don’t appear to be taking U-19 that seriously.

1 Like

Or have been unable to, given the chaotic scheduling

How many did you get correct this week @Aristotle :crazy_face:

Would there be many of the Limerick panel playing below the senior championship. I know Tom Condon is from knockaderry and Flanagan plays for castlemahon. Do croagh or bruree or g b have anyone

Sean Finn Bruff, Nickie Quaid Effin, Hegarty with Pats who are Junior.

1 Like

Prem Intermediate
David Reidy - Athlacca
Sean Finn - Bruff

Intermediate
Nickie Quaid - Effin

Junior A
Gearoid Hegarty - St. Pat’s
Cathal O Neill - Crecora
Brian O Grady - Kilteely/Dromkeen

2 Likes

As below; we have 2 and we’re just promoted this year.

Few others in the last couple of years: Paul Browne with Bruff at Premier Intermediate, Condon as you say with Knockaderry at Intermediate, Colin Malachy with Pallasgreen at Intermediate/Premier Intermediate, Stevie Cahill from Tour were only Junior at the time. Willie O’Meara from Askeaton came from Junior too & Richie McCarthy was Premier Intermediate when he was on the panel.

The current big 4 clubs do supply a huge amount of players between them.

1 Like

The starting 15 is a great mix

None of the full back line. 1 half back
2 midfield
1 half forward
1 full forward from the big 4 that started the final?

Thats a good amount