Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Even in 2016 didnā€™t Na Piarsaigh only lose to Kilmallock and Doon and then all the rest fixed the games after that to conspire to knock Na Piarsaigh out?

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: Yes. Sweep sweep.

1 Like

Iā€™d have loved a crack off one of them this year. The problem was that, similar to what happens at a national level, any time a hammering is dished out, thereā€™s an outcry to have the Championship structures reformed. And the county board bowed to that pressure.

And from their point-of-view, it probably creates a better spectacle as teams are more evenly matched and 2 teams from the lower grade get a crack off one of the A teams in the quarter-final. I suppose it depends on what the purpose of the Championship structure is.

Adare drew with Doon last year and with Kilmallock in 2019 but the last time someone actually beat one of those teams was 2016 when Ballybrown beat Doon & Na Piarsaigh in the group stages. Now, arguably both of those were actually dead rubbers, but Adare also beat the Well in the group stages that year.

Of course the format was changed the following year, so there are a lot less contests in the intervening years but Ahane, Adare & Ballybrown have had the chances to beat them if they were good enough.

1 Like

Nap played their intermediates the same day. Think it was last group game.

It just seems incredibly boring and pointless that The big 4 play each other every year in group stage dead rubbers in a soulless Gaelic Groundsā€¦

I get the feeling your own club could break into the big time in the next few years? Ye must have big numbers underage?

The other alternative of them hammering the rest I shudder at too & I mean 15-20 point margins.

One of the biggest codā€™s in modern day sports is the over segregation of grades. Limerick with their 6 team championship take this to a new level.

Thereā€™s a saying if your not in you canā€™t win. Every now and again a team will come out of nowhere and win a county final at 33/1. Modern sports geeks like Ger Gilroy (insert other similar geeks) donā€™t understand this.

You can still win the championship from senior b. Itā€™s not just the 6 in senior A

Itā€™s not a proper 12 team competition though.

The Conor McGregor championship.

Would they really be beating the 6th-12th best teams by 20 points?

Why arenā€™t the other teams closing the gap? This has been going on for years now like.

When they get them in the GG yeah itā€™s nearly always a hammering.

Itā€™s not the top 4ā€™s problem to be fair. Just a big drop off after them. Does my head in anyway, sick of looking at the same results over the last 5/6 years.

1 Like

Predictions for who will win county final this year?

South Liberties

1 Like

The likes of Monaleen and Mungret should surely be doing a lot better given demographics.

2 Likes

Doon with a two man twin tower full forward line of Big Bob Purcell and Josh Ryan to cause wreck.

They should but no dag in them.

1 Like

For all the latte drinking snide remarks made about the Caherdavin lads, I donā€™t ever remember them being found wanting in a battle

1 Like

No - theyā€™ve earned their stripes tbf.

But weā€™ll still take the piss obviously!

Both are two of the strongest juvenile hurling sides atm. NaP gone well back. Kilmallock in B grade LOL.