Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

1 Like

For anyone that was at the match, how good was Barry Nash today? Sounded like he lit the place up. Could he be the answer to Peter Casey’s vacancy next year?

1 Like

He was unmarkable. Literally. If Mike casey and richie English come back to their best he might be better off in the forwards

1 Like

You live by the sword you die by the sword

1 Like

We have Mike Casey and Richie English to come into the full back line :joy::joy::joy:

Nasty post

1 Like

The Kilmallock boys well able for him.

2 Likes

He was really excellent, he’s just a classy player. Although he definitely ran out of legs, he was absolutely fucked by the end of normal time, could barely run. And didn’t do anything in extra time as a result.

Now Oisín O’Reilly & Micheál Houlihan were really good in attack for Kilmallock too, O’Reilly got man of the match, 0-7 from play. Although if he had the same desire as Nash for goals, that could probably have been 2-5. Nash’s goal from play was absolutely unreal.

There was a Kilmallock fella in front of me saying there’s no way that Kiely can continue to ignore Houlihan. Personally, I don’t know if he’s at that level. As a sharpshooter, there’s not much better around and he’s an excellent club forward who has continued to improve but I don’t think he offers what Kiely traditionally looks for in his half-forwards (Hego, Tom, Reidy, Boylan, etc).

Aaron Costello was excellent at midfield aswell, another player who has really improved since joining the panel.

1 Like

The two quarter finals today weren’t great in the quality stakes but they were 2 good contests

Both SL and Adare although big underdogs put up great fights but both lacked that big of composure and maybe quality near the end .

I think the game will stand to the Well & @balbec . Both willl be big underdogs next weekend but could each worth a punt.

Houla wouldn’t have the legs for inter county.

We’re going in there next week expecting to win.

2 Likes

Ye weren’t great today if truth told . SL could have done it but they lacked composure .

No one fears Doon until they win one :innocent:

You will have to put your best cap on!

5 Likes

Surely Houlihan is entitled to a go on a 42 man panel if he keeps scoring heavy. You can’t ignore that even if kiely likes three rugby players come hurlers in the half forward line.

Graeme looked very very rusty and the game + extra-time will stand to him as he did grow into it. And he’s massive for Kilmallock. In an attacking sense, Kilmallock were excellent, they created loads of chances; they were just very porous any time Liberties ran at them and that would be a worry heading into the Doon match. Pat Simon & Adam English will run at them all day, so they need to tighten up. Management clearly don’t trust the options on the bench though, and that could hurt them yet.

The Well just never got going. It was a lot less free-flowing as a game (I’d say the respective referees were responsible for that moreso than the players tbh). Tactically, Adare got the better of them but they just had enough to pull through. One thing in their favour is that Na Piarsaigh probably won’t go out of their way to set up a system to disrupt the Well, they’ll play their own game, and that should give a little more space to the Well players. But Patrickswell couldn’t get it out of their own backline at times today, they were put under a lot of pressure, and Na Piarsaigh will bring a similar intensity you would imagine.

1 Like

The Top 4, eh 6, are miles ahead of everyone else.

Kiely continues to ignore Ronan Lynch too.

Only a certain type of half hurler/half rugby league player suits Kinnerk ball.

Shur the county is full of fellas who can score loads; doesn’t make them senior intercounty hurlers.

2 Likes

Same kinnerk that took a team (and manager) of midgets to an AI in Clare?

3 Likes

Yeah that hasn’t worked out at all