Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

The most lethal forward on display today plays in the full back line. One of the others is sub to our sub goalie.

1 Like

But… but… but… Surely you’d agree it’s a borefest?

:thinking:

An auld polish military helmet with a spike on top might be called for

3 Likes

You can keep trying to improve.

Limerick have turned athletes into hurlers, why not try and turn a hurler like Houlihan into a better athlete.

Graeme Mul, Barry Murphy and Casey could be gone next year which means Limerick will need forwards.

Jason Gillane has lovely hands too but not great on the feet.

Just sharpen up the shooting a bit.

1 Like

Oisin Reilly is surely worth a call?

We’ll just play with 12 next year. Give ye a chance.

2 Likes

As the game wore on GM really improved . Game will really stand to him . He played a challenge last weekend

He will get better

Killmallock had no goal threat today. OOR while great today but a bit far from goal

Was he not in there before? I would have said he’s worth a look

The thing is despite the rubbish spouted about fellas being athletes being called in, and fellas have definitely improved their hurling, most of them were always very gifted hurlers beforehand. Part of the best underage teams Limerick have ever seen.

I like Houlihan but the likes of Aido O’Connor, Mark McCarthy, Adam English would seem more likely to get the call if we’re looking for forwards.

Shooting accuracy is only one skill amongst many. If that was all we wanted, Paudie Leahy & Jack Kelliher would walk onto the panel. I’m not saying he won’t get on the panel, and I do think he’s a bit above those lads (who are still nice hurlers), I just wouldn’t have him in the top 5 forwards not on the panel.

1 Like

Medal in 2018 sure

O’Reilly got two balls in space about 45 yards out that he tapped over the bar. Nash got a ball in a similar position and scored a goal. If he really wanted to, he could have gone for goal, he has frightening pace. That’s a mentality thing more than anything else.

Just watching the game back here. Our shooting was atrocious. Should have beaten them by six in normal time.

Nash was always willing to take the belts to get a goal back to when he was a youngfella. He’s as bold as fuck

1 Like

There are very few pure goalscorers better than him in Limerick.

SL needed goals to win today . Kilmsllock didn’t . Kilmallock weren’t good and were very lucky . OOR was outstanding today . Fully deserved his gong .BN was very good in patches but was peripheral late in the game

He hurt his hamstring in the second half and needed treatment. He couldn’t move. He still was involved in 5 goals. He could do no more.

I thought liberties were let down by decision making by fellas who should have more cop on. McSweeney and Shane O’Neill made some awful mistakes for lads that should know better

Sounds like O’Reilly could be the ideal cover for Finn

1 Like

Laugh all ye like.

That’s very harsh. Essentially they are playing against teams that play at a higher level than they are used to. The two players you named are two outstanding lads.