Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Tremendous block from Seanie O Brien to deny Kevin Downes a goal at the end of first half.

The Well lead by 5 at the break. Hit a few bad wides though.

Good half from the Well, NaP definitely came back into it in the last 10, led by Dempsey & Grimes.

Gillane doing wreck. Lynch quiet enough so far, KOB, Nolan and Josh very prominent. Lovely sideline from Jason there.

1 Like

Somehow weā€™re still in it after playing our way in a bit. Gillane bullying us.

Lovely pass from Lynch to Kevin O Brien, shot blocked and Tommy O Brien finished off rebound. Mike Foley at 5 for Nap is a lovely hurley.

Lynch much more prominent since moving to midfield.

Too many Na Piarsaigh forwards still very quiet, Dempsey doing a huge amount.

1 Like

Theyā€™re way too reliant on Dempsey, and Downes to a lesser extent. Will O Donoghue has been very quiet.

1 Like

I must have woken WOD up. He popped over two points. The Well by 5.

Mark Carmody has gone through the world of ball at midfield for the Well.

Nap have never really replaced dowling. They can often be so poor at times over the years but he came up with the magic to turn a game for them.

A traditional final it is.

3 Likes

@Perez2017 will be sick heā€™s been writing off killmallock for a few years now.

3 Likes

I know the media have given MOTM to Kevin Oā€™Brien, and he was excellent to be fair, but Iā€™d have given it to Byrnes. He was awesome.

1 Like

Yeah. Sure weā€™re in decline.

Is it jack neville? Heā€™s a fine commentator there I was listening on CPs link. It was a few minutes behind the radio but heā€™s very good.

John Keogh was main commentator for that.

1 Like

Just shows the incredible strength, depth and variety of the Limerick senior club championship with two new teams in the final, compared to last year.

3 Likes

Patrickswell deserved the win, but if Na Piarsaigh had just been a little bit more disciplined, they might have had a chance. They gave away some very soft frees after almost every score that they did get.

Without Peter Casey, they were always there to be got, heā€™s their best player by a mile. The Well were decent but struggled a little bit against the wind to secure the ball. But they trusted their bench to come in and most of them made some sort of impact tbf.

Ronan Lynch was very poor at centre-back tbh; again stuck in no manā€™s land a lot. Downes had a poor first half but came into it in the second half. Boylan was decent in fits & starts but never really got into it. They had no real plan for Gillane; he didnā€™t see much ball in the second but he caused awful problems for Houlihan in the first.

Itā€™ll be an interesting final. The Well will have to do something about Kilmallockā€™s ability to shoot from outside, serious accuracy from the middle third and they added goals to that today. Their big men all stood up- Hanley, Mulcahy, Paudie, Oā€™Reilly.

4 Likes

They just donā€™t have it when it counts

Ya I agree. Mike Casey is a huge loss in back line. I thought there was another goal in them but it was not to be. Will make for a good final

They hate ye because they canā€™t bate ye