Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Adare gave a walkover in the Premier U-21s, what’s the story there?

C19…i believe?

Adare is riddled with it

There’s a dose of COVID doing the rounds there also.

Interesting to see how the popular vote decides the Sporting Limerick SHC Team of the Year. I think the only senior matches I didn’t see this year were the Liberties vs Blackrock game and the promotion/relegation games. But saw 17/21 so probably as well-placed as anyone to give a team of the year. But I’m going to be biased.

Barry Hennessy
Chris Thomas Ronan Connolly Dan Joy
Paudie O’Brien Ciaran O’Connor Cathal Downes
Robbie Hanley Barry Nash
Adam English Oisín O’Reilly Micheal Houlihan
Kyle Hayes Tom Morrissey David Dempsey

Harsh on Graeme because he had such a big final, but missed the first two games and even in the quarter & semi, it took him a while to get going.

5 Likes

How did Kyle Hayes slip in there at corner forward?

He galloped up from wing back.

20 Likes

Never thought of that. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

He was unbelievable in all three games tbf to him. Ronan Connolly got a lot of plaudits for doing a job on him, he still scored 0-4 from play, set up a goal, won 3 frees and was our main puckout target while playing inside.

No room for Darren?

All along the N21 from Adare back to NCW is riddled with it.

St Kieran 4/5
Draw 7/1
Caherline 11/10

Caherline will walk this

He had one unbelievable performance but if I’m leaving out Graeme after one of the greatest individual performances in a county final, I don’t think I could include Darren. Tom, Dempsey and Kyle were all superb in every match they played.

Fair enough

@Gary_Birtles_Lovechi a serious win for ye in the u21 Hurling. I didn’t expect ye to be that competitive at 21s. Fair fucks

2 Likes

It’s more or less the spine of that Croagh Intermediate team sure

Would there be many Mushes ???

Ahane would be decent but definitely one of the weaker teams in the Premier.

Croagh would have Jack & Barry Leinhan, Adam Shanagher, Josh O’Connor, James Lanigan who would be 5 of their best intermediate players; add in Cian O’Carroll who was on the Limerick minors, a serious young fella.

1 Like

Saw Knockaderry in u-21B hurling championship the other night. Two of their best players, the centre back (Molloy) and centre forward (Storan), are apparently at the root of Rathkeale’s annoyance at losing players within the parish - in their eyes - to neighbouring clubs…

Two fine players, in fairness. They really stood out.