Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Molloy is a savage player. He was corner forward for the Intermediates, he caused F/C awful bother below at the Bog, getting at least 4 from play

1 Like

Would there have been many mushes on that u21 team last night ??

No idea tbh.

1 Like

I would say the vast bulk were C/K

1 Like

2 I think. Michael Sheahan who was on the Limerick minors, and Andrew White who is centre-back for the Mushes’ junior team.

Could have been more but I wouldn’t know them, there was at least 10 Croagh names I recognised.

I’ve told its similar at various teams underage. Rathkeale contributing very few numbers.

Who’ll win the junior A lads? Complete toss up for me. I wouldn’t have picked either side in my top 4 or 5 at the start of the year. It’s more competitive than the Tyrone senior football

1 Like

Caherline by 4 points id say.

Caherline are the better ‘hurling’ side anyway. Kierans know their limitations and are very good at playing to their strengths. If they get a grip around the middle and start getting direct ball into Johnny McCarthy and Molyneaux inside they could cause Caherline problems.

Caherline for me. I think they’ll win handy enough actually, by about 6.

2 Likes

Caherline will win

Caherline for me too.

Kieran’s favourites with the bookies, but Caherline look very decent from what I’ve seen. Wixted, Brennan, yer man Curley, Jack Carroll; they have fellas who can score.

Kieran’s have a lot of pace though and some wise old heads. Did Molyneaux hit 7 or 8 from play in the semi-final? He must be some age now.

Saw Caherline against Pats. They were second best for 3/4’s of the match against a side heavily dependent on Hego and Baby Hego. Showed good spirit to keep going when things looked to be going against them. Curley got them over the line eventually.

I’ll go with a draw, in keeping with the Box Office nature of the Junior A championship.

2 Likes

Sound! I’ve been working nights so didnt get to attend, but hope to go to our game with the Well on Tuesday evening.

@Aristotle has got the gist of the team, the only omission is Andrew White - he doesn’t play the small ball game. There were 12 C/K and 3 Rathkeale lads in the starting 15. Four Rathkeale lads on the panel - three of them are the Sheahan brothers. So the team really is mostly Croagh. 6 of the team started the Intermediate County Final.

1. Cian Sheehy Croagh
  2. Niall Sheahan Rathkeale
  3. Barry Lenihan Croagh
  4. Conor Lenihan Croagh
  5. Josh O’Connor Croagh
  6. Adam Shanagher Croagh
  7. Seamie Lenihan Croagh
  8. James Lanigan Croagh
  9. Paudie Mulcaire Rathkeale
  10. Andrew Meade Croagh
  11. Jack Lenihan Croagh
  12. Pat Lenihan Croagh
  13. Michael Sheahan Rathkeale
  14. Jack Shiels Croagh
  15. Cian O’Carroll Croagh

3 subs - Jamie Burke and Kevin Dee (both Croagh) and Mark Sheahan (Rathkeale)

It’s gas, if you saw where the Sheahan brothers live, about a mile from Ballingarry village, about 6 from Rathkeale, yet they’re in Rathkeale parish in the townland of Fort William. Irish parish boundaries never cease to fascinate.

1 Like

They have played Stop the World four times in a row here in the @balbec. Painful.

The Junior A championship is box office

4 Likes

What level would Junior A be in Limerick? 4th tier? The two Hego’s must do untold at that level.

0-5 to 0-4 at the water break to Caherline.

Caherline done most of the hurling so far but Kieran’s dogged & staying in touch with frees. Johnny Mac & Molyneaux isolated inside, must be as old an inside forward line around.

Brennan destroying them in the air as usual.

2 Likes

Yeah, 4th.

Senior.
Premier intermediate.
Intermediate.
Junior A.

Even having an established county player at intermediate or junior level is like having 3 players. Just too fast, strong and skilful.

Pats lost the junior semi final by a goal to Caherline. Think Pats scored around 0-14 and the two boys got around 0-12 of that. Baby Hego with four or five from play and big brother with another or two from centre back.

1 Like

Looks small enough tbh

Paudie Mac is destroying Curley so far, unbelievable performance.