Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

No I meant cork Beat us. The game is a huge help.

1 Like

Whatā€™s done is done and cannot be undone
For to go back would be as tedious as to go forward

Personally I wouldnā€™t move Hayes from centre forward. He is central to so much of what Limerick do from that position.
Iā€™m expecting a big performance from him on Sunday, no nicer sight in hurling than to see him bulldoze his way through the middle against Tipp and leaving a few Mahers on their holes.

17 Likes

8 Likes

He is and winds up back there enough anyway but heā€™d protect the corner back, but as you say, weā€™d lost so much up the pitch with what he brings.

Shouldā€™ve added maybe to do it this weekend only. As an aside, Iā€™d say Hannon would love him back there too, Pity we canā€™t clone him, heā€™d be the one player Iā€™d hate to lose

Casey has done very little for Limerick. He played well v Tipp and a few cameos in 2018 but he has done little at IC level to crow about.

Tipp have been involved in many of the great games in the past decade. 09, 10, trilogy Vs galway, 16 final, Wexford and final last year are only a few that spring to mind.

1 Like

Diarmuid Byrnes at corner-back? Thatā€™s a new one tbf.

Or Boylan, know he is loose but he is a high quality hurlers. Maybe stick with Nash. I donā€™t have too strong an opinion on it.

My favourite team and I hate Tipp! Delighted for those players they got the third All Ireland tbh

1 Like

In fairness him and wod struggled a little but turkey shoots v Clare probably donā€™t play to their strengths.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™d agree. Finn, Lynch and Gillane probably the marquis names and most likely to end up with multiple all stars. But the more Iā€™ve watched Limerick since they won the All Ireland, the more I think Hayes and Hegarty are probably our two most important players. And while Hegarty has more of the skills that catch the eye to make him possible man of the match or all star candidate, Hayes is the one player Iā€™d hate to lose, similar to yourself. Heā€™s a colossus, and a fella who youā€™d expect to turn it on even when Limerick arenā€™t going well

2 Likes

Heā€™s a great bit of stuff.

4 Likes

I thought moving Nash was mad when I first heard it, I think Byrnes would be as crazy. Just think youā€™d lose too much from half-back.

The full-back line situation isnā€™t ideal.

1 Like

Couldnā€™t see Byrnes as a corner back. Heā€™s loose enough as a wing back as it is .

1 Like

I know but sure Flanagan has played two good championship games for Limerick, it doesnā€™t take much to get the Limerick fans excited.

Heā€™d take the puck outs and land them on the oppositions 14 yard line.

Was going to say something similar. Moving him back a line would keep the frees and potshots in play :thinking:

That could release quaid to play fly goalieā€¦

1 Like

To me Limerick are rightly up against it Sunday and that Tipp team have the ability, with our fullback line, to blow us awayā€¦ We destroyed them in midfield last year and I donā€™t see that changingā€¦ What will Tipp do to curb Hego?