Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Cian Lynch, Mul, Casey, Tom Morrissey, Gillane were also involved in those goals. Take the two we got in the munster final, Casey was involved in both, along with Hayes and Gillane again.

Yes but the Hayes goal came another Peter Casey pick pocket. Itā€™s obviously a great trait that our forwards are working so hard but for me itā€™s as simple as this. With Flanagan at 14 it gives the backs a long ball option. It also gives us the chance to isolate Gillane 1 v 1 on a corner back. That makes us a far more dangerous team to set up against. We are far more likely to score goals in my opinion. Flanagan is also a great man to lay a few fellas out with shoulders. He can really set the tempo for the team.

Subtle changes like that can often be the winning of games.

What we are debating are good problems. Potentially dropping good players for other good players as opposed to scratching around for players like times in the past.

1 Like

Flanagan is a good player. I think heā€™s overrated by many Limerick fans but heā€™s a good player. Casey overtook him last year on form and rightly so. Casey is still the man in possession. If Flanagan overtakes him again on form this year then fair enough. Flanagan came on last weekend and tapped over a point and gave away two frees. I donā€™t expect him to start ahead of Casey or Mulcahy on the basis of that but maybe he will. To be honest Casey is the most creative player left in our set of forwards and the most likely to have the vision and ability to see the final pass to create goals. Iā€™d see more goals coming off him if he were encouraged to do that than would come off Flanagan. I agree with apples that as a team we donā€™t chase goals or try to create them the way tipp do. That was the observation from McGrath that set off this discussion. McGrath also did point out though that the chances were there if our players could be coached to see them and go for them rather than going for their own point.

nothing is wrong lads, we had one bad day in 3 years and youā€™ve lads trying to ā€œsolveā€ it.
there is very little between any of the top three or four sides and a lot of it is on the day.

Nasty nasty post. Lads are losing the run of themselves here

Lovely young man. I wish him all the best

Agree, was a grand day in the Munster final last year and we destroyed them. Noel Mcgraw even hooked. Our physicality is a bad styles match for them.

A few of their 21s coming through as the season wears on might help them but we ave their number. Odds suggest around a 33% chance for Tipp this weekend.

all time great players on that team, about 5 of them are all-time greats and another few like Bubbles and Forde would be among the most skilled ever.

The 16ā€™ win v KK was a beautiful hurling performance.

Iā€™ve lost a fortune betting on them over the years at different times.

1 Like

@BruidheanChaorthainn what odds will you give me Limerick score 2 or more goals Sunday?

Why would I offer you those odds?

Because you are here all day complaining they wonā€™t score goals. Handy money surely?

Good point. A loss and a qualifier run could help Tipp to start blooding a few new lads but then the qualifiers wonā€™t be easy this year either

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t mind seeing Kyle Hayes at wing back, Byrnes in the corner and Oā€™Donovan/ Lynch wing forward.

Also Flanagan is worth a go for the balance heā€™d bring but would break your heart to drop Peter Casey.

No I think limerick are more than capable of scoring goals. Iā€™m just not sure the players are encouraged to go for goals by management.

Either way Iā€™ve little interest in backing against limerick to do anything.

I thought ye lost three times last year ?
Time to panic I reckon.

Having a competitive game Under the belt is of huge advantage to limerick.

If tipp can beat limerick Sunday itā€™ll be a massive performance. Itā€™ll take as good a Performance as they produced in any game last year imo.

You only have to look at teams coming back from a gap week almost invariably underperformed last year.

Tipp hammered cork and the next week beat limerick.

In fairness the structure was different last year so you could afford to lose a game. Slightly different this year for teams but Iā€™d agree itā€™s a huge advantage.

In fairness your opening statement is speculation and opinion
Edit, already pointed out.

3 Likes

No, they hammered Cork and the next week beat Waterford.