Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Box office

1 Like

Printers have been in motion.

Iā€™d still hold Davy personally responsible for messing up that clare team. The way kinnerk has developed limerick must rub further salt into a very sore wound for Davy.

I donā€™t know enough about who cork have involved but theyā€™ll have to be top class operators to get that group of young players to compete with limerick any time soon.

The improvement in limerick even after the 2018 final win is incredible.

3 Likes

The physical difference between us in 2020/21 compared to 2018 is astonishing. Even in 2019 you could see they were turning into specimens, albeit falling short that year.

1 Like

True but their hurling is incredible. Almost like a soccer team the way they can retain the ball and pass it around.

Yer man Seanie Oā€™Donnell is the brains of the operation Iā€™d say.

He has Ballygunner playing in a very similar way.

Iā€™d say itā€™s kinnerk tbf

Go one year earlier and itā€™s even more pronounced. Galway monstered us physically in the league in 2017.

1 Like

Youre picking me up wrong there kid. Iā€™m not trying g to nit pick at Cork. Iā€™m simply making the point that a lot of lads around here are saying theres nothing coming through in Limerick. Im simply saying that Limerick are still competitive at under age. They might not be winning AI titles but there is certainly enough coming through to see a gradual change in personel in the next few years and that they have shown enough to suggest that they at least will keep Limerick competitive into the future

They walked through us that day. Was like men against boys

1 Like

Still though, they held their own against Kilkenny in the qualifier in 17. Albeit a waning Kilkenny team

Oh It was painful to watch

They put in a decent performance that evening but they never really looked like winning either.

They did. Experience both on the field and on the line had a lot to do with. But they learned from it

1 Like

I am in agreement with you then. If thereā€™s anyone saying that Limerick have little coming through theyā€™re idiotic. Limerick had a very good 20s team last year and will be very competitive at the grade for the next two years.

Limerick donā€™t need to be winning 20s AIs anyway. Theyā€™ll be quite happy to have one or two newcomers every year. CON, Coughlan, English and Oā€™Donovan are terrific prospects and next year you could have the likes of AOC, Hurley, Lynch or Quilty join the ranks. Limerick are set up to be competitive for a very, very long time. Really really good young players joining a winning set up is ideal.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s all I was trying to say but it took me the windy road from Callan to mullinahone to get there :rofl:

2 Likes
3 Likes

After a week of being stuck in my room, I was glad for any sort of match even if it did turn out to be a damp squib. LIT were poorly set up, UL wanted early goals and got them and it was done by the first water break. From there on, it was a procession.

Limerick Contingent:

Brian Oā€™Grady was the only starter on the UL side, and one of only two county panellists that we had playing. He was very impressive, continued from where he left off against Kerry, got through a lot of work and scored a really nice point off the stick. Heā€™s got ridiculous pace.

Rory Duff came on at half-time for UL, went in half-back originally, then moved to midfield when they took off Oā€™Grady for a rest. Again, continued on from his Kerry performance. Solid, nothing spectacular but did the basics well. UL were good but you wouldnā€™t be surprised to see him get a starting spot.

Conor Oā€™Grady came on at centre-forward for UL which I was surprised at. I think there are better Limerick hurlers on the bench. He did okay, I guess, got a point but dropped a few short too. Got on a fair bit of ball in the time he was on the pitch.

Mikey Oā€™Grady also came on but they game had kinda burned out by the time he did, and he didnā€™t have too many opportunities to influence the game. Again, a nice hurler, kinda surprised he wasnā€™t starting but UL are strong.

No gametime for Hego junior, Matt Oā€™Sullivan and obviously Mark Quinlan is injured. Think Quinlan will be a loss for them, heā€™d have surely been starting wing-back and that would make for a very formidable half-back line.

We had a fair few involved with LIT, but it was largely a night to forget for them.

TomĆ”s Oā€™Connor was corner-back and was part of a full-back line under a lot of pressure. He wasnā€™t the worst of them, but was lucky not to have been sent off. Heā€™s always been liable for a red card and he needs to calm down if he wants to kick on.

Cathal Downes was named as wing-back but started as a man marker on Billy Power, and ended up corner-back a lot. Now, Power didnā€™t score, the only UL starting forward not to but Cathal is not a corner-back really and heā€™s wasted man marking. Went to wing-back second half and set up a few scores but the game was over.

Eoin Hurley was centre-forward, struggled to really get into the game, was taken off at half-time.

Patrick Kirby was quiet in the full-forward line. Ball going in was poor, but it never really stuck either, I didnā€™t even realise he was playing for half an hour.

Michael Cremin was named to start at corner-back but came on at half-time. They did slightly better when he came on but I donā€™t know if you could say that was down to him.

No gametime for Louis Dee, Ross Kenny or Kevin Morrissey.

11 Likes

Limerick Minor Football panel for 2022.

2 Likes

No one from NCW !!!