Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

4 isn’t a bad representation.

4 Likes

U20s panel

1 Like

6 on the 20s then #cyclical

It’s been proved wrong before but I can’t see how they don’t dominate for years now

I’m telling ye for ages that NCW are gone as a force at underage football, it’s all hurling there now. They’ve another 2 lads on this year’s Minor Hurling Panel, 4 or 5 years in a row now where they’ve had players on Limerick Minor Hurling team.

As regards the 20s, 3 out of those 6 NCW lads would give up football at the drop of a hat, basically went in with them because they couldn’t make the Limerick 20s Hurling Panel. Cremin is playing Fitzgibbon Cup with LIT

I hope so, but I think they will just end up as a really strong dual club. There appears to be too many good football brains and high standard coaches in that club to let football just fade away

:rofl:

2 Likes

Proper order

Newcastle had a fine hurling side in the 1930s by all accounts.

They were decent back then

Won and minor 1982 and backed in up with a u21 in 1985

Never really pushed on from there

It was never historically a football town really. Won first county in 1987 .

It would be massive for Limerick if hurling took off around there.

1 Like

A peculiar club in many ways and I have no great grĂ  for them but they are a very much a club based in families rather than the town as a whole

Everyone wants to be on a winner. If they start winning it’ll snowball and you’ll see everyone falling in. That’s always the way.

Typical townie club in many ways. That being said they had some smashing teams down through the years, they should have won a lot more

Ya always some little weakness there. Also many of their better hurlers and footballers played a good bit of soccer and /or

2 Likes

Cchhhaarrrgggeee!!!

Will you fly in for it?

That’s how they became a Football club, really. Started winning handy oul underage titles and it carried on from there. There was no football tradition there until late 80s. Easier win at underage football so… :man_shrugging:

It’s not a case of hoping it’ll catch on around there. It always has been there! They’re Premier Intermediate now and they will push to get up, have had some very good Limerick Minor hurlers in past 4 years. Have been contesting finals in Premier grade at underage and won the Premier 17s Championship last year I think, beating Monaleen

Still Townie cunts though

1 Like

A rising tide lifts all boats too. If it got going in the secondary schools in NCW it would benefit the surrounding rural clubs who in fairness despite dwindling numbers are still suppling good players to the county teams.

1 Like