Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

He wouldn’t hurl spuds to ducks

1 Like

He leaves some legacy.

There were some great games against Thurles back in the halcyon days. Galatasary away wouldnt have had anything on it.

Any replacement lined up?

Andrew O’Shaughnessy i heard.

Brian Fanning back for the footballers?

Yep

N69 is closed at the Askeaton side of Kilcornan just in case anyone was planning to head that way to biggest Limerick match of the year so far.

We are going up, said we are going up

Lucky to have the warm, comfortable surrounds of the Mackey Stand on a night like tonight.

Spike will have the heated seats on n’all

Fair play to you. It’ll be like an igloo tonight

Westmeath are fucking hard to watch. We pushed up on them for the last ten and destroyed them. Their keeper is shite. Very winnable they havent much about them

All they have is Heslin

Who has wind now?

That’s a surprising defeat. Division 3 is a minefield

Was surprised to see Munchins had only one limerick panelist on this.

I know it is a rugby school but given it is under 16.5 D the barrier of entry to the panel wouldn’t be overly high. Would have thought there would be a good few students in the St Pats and claughan catchment area in Munchins. Or is hurling not making much of an impact in the city aside from NAP

Bang on. The city itself is very weak outside of Nap. you’d have once in a blue moon lads like Hego but he’s playing Junior hurling with a deteriorating club. Mungret and Monaleen are making no dent at all despite huge numbers. Nap rule the roost in the city

Was surprised as that age group would have been 12 or so in 2018. Munchins won a Munster title back in the early/mid 2000s but wouldn’t have much hurling tradition. Murnane the manger of this team would have played on previous winning team

1 Like

Hurling just doesnt register in Limerick City.

I was in Limerick the day of the Limerick Club Hurling Final between Patrickswell and Kilmallock and had to try about 8 different pubs (all called Flannerys) before one agreed to my request to stick the hurling on TV.

Even in that 8th pub, the bar woman hadnt a notion what i was talking about and only agreed to my request because i have such a lovely, charming way about me.

2 Likes

Oisin Minogue’s dad was a fair hurler