Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Pat’s young lad I assume?

TNH

Yep. I presume you spotted no 19 also

It did.

I was never as disillusioned with a town or city in my life.

Manchester United may well have been playing Liverpool the same afternoon but those sort of excuses dont cut it with me.

No way?
Rubby town?
Hope not

Garrison Sports are all they know about in the city.

2 Likes

Corbally sadly is a blackspot for gaelic games in Limerick.

Ye have the same blight with Shannon Banks and Westbury.

You’re all to well aware of that I’m sure. Luckily there are other parts of the county developing hurlers - 3 Senior Hurling All Irelands out of the last 4.

Is not bad going.

The fact that Munchins are even fielding a hurling team is actually positive.

1 Like

That would be the case in most cities in Ireland

Anyone I know who went to Munchin’s wouldn’t know one end of a hurley from the other, literally no interest.

Pat’s would have alright numbers underage to a point, Claughaun are struggling but, even then, I’d kinda imagine that a lot of the people in that catchment area would go to CBS?

4 Likes

That’s a shame
Should be room for all

Dublin, Waterford and Cork are rich in GAA Heritage and Tradition.

1 Like

Pats and Claughaun would all have gone to CBS traditionally. That might have changed now though with Castletroy college

1 Like

The GAA strenght reflects that changing demographics or the city . The suburbs growing and inner city ageing . Monsleen , MSP & Na P the big clubs now

CBS now a soccer and a cricket school

1 Like

The do but if Man U or Liverpool on tv then no GAA

Limerick is a wasteland for hurling and it shows

1 Like

The number of new houses going up around Monaleen/Annacotty at the moment is unreal. Mungret is similar.

Monaleen though particularly will have ridiclious resources going forward in terms of population.

If its properly done in the primary schools etc

To be fair, on county final day, when the match was on 5 minutes away from the city centre, anybody who really wanted to watch the match would have been at it.

The people left in the pubs are the ones who want to watch the Premier League so it makes sense. Having said that, Patsy’s would definitely have had the hurling on.

2 Likes

Rubbys influence is waning at least. It was never prominent but you’re more likely to see young kids with hurleys now than a rubby ball in any part of the city.

1 Like

If the Tipp County Final was on TV, you can be guaranteed it would be shown in every pub in Thurles even if the ground is only a few minutes stroll.

A proper hurling town.