Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Also highlight of the day. The national athemn.

Limerick never feared the sweltering heat

Cómhgáirdeas muintear Limnéach on your deserved promotion to D2 of the NFL. It’s been a work in progress for a few years but patience and commitment have reaped the seeds sown years ago.
I remember the day 3 years ago when we clinched promotion against you on your home patch and the generosity of spirit and goodwill from your supporters was tangible.
All the best in D2 and the years ahead - a great day for the likes of the John’s - Galvin and Quane who could rank with the best on any given day. Those lads have laid the groundwork for days like today.

The peiladóirí of the future on Shannonside are in the safe hands of Coach Runt……

22 Likes

We’re walking along singing our song walking in a Lee wonderland…

Looking forward to the pundits lauding the Limerick players later…

Looks down at notes

“Yeah, ehm Billy Lee has really gelled them into a tight unit. Josh Lane, I mean Josh Ryan got the goal today and he’s a great target man.

And then you’ve Iain Corbett who’d get on any team in the country.”

1 Like

Gooch has been praising them for a good while, I think he is eyeing the job longterm.

Ffs, we’ve the Gaelic football equivalent of Fergie there at the moment.

No need for some mercenary Kerry man, who’d plamas us, pat us on the head while claiming the expenses.

1 Like

Brian fanning would get on any team in the country

When was the last time Limerick sat at the nearly top table of football?

That run in the second half was unreal.

I think he misplaced the pass for a finish after it all though! He must have ran about 2/3rds of the pitch and burnt every Fermanagh man on the way.

2004 league semi final defeat 12-10 to Kerry.
League was 16 div1 and 16 div2 for s while then

2 Likes

That is the team strength - pace

From Gooch’s perspective it’s a shorter drive than Laois.

I’m home hours but will do the match report later, pints are calling now first.

11 Likes

Enjoy dodgey

“Billy Lee’s Green n’ White Army…
Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!
Billy Lee’s Green n’ White Army…
Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!”

1 Like

Sheehans point in the second half was the pick of the lot. What a run

1 Like

They won the Heineken cup in 06 and 08

2 Likes

Unreal result today for the footballers, delighted for them. Was away unfortunately so didn’t see it but a great result, and a very good series of results.

No fear of Louth either next weekend, and looking forward to a right cut off Championship too.