Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Be a monumental task to keep us in Div 2. Aside from Louth, I can’t see too many victories for us next year, and they’ll feel the same about their match with us.

1 Like

I’d always back the team on the way up to stay up. Momentum is huge.

1 Like

Just ask Norwich

6 points are nearly safe across the divisions. Kildare and Laois both got relegated with 5.
It’s a bit of an ask but they have a nice spell to look at things, play the county championship etc.,
They deserve a bit of recognition from the CB as well, won’t do any harm.

Obviously depends on how many we lose to the seniors.

Something like:

Chanley
Thomas Keane Lyons/FOC
Hurley Quilty Coughlan
Stokes Reale
Hego CON English
AOC POD SOB

Whelan will be there or thereabouts too; Kirby, O’Dálaigh, Scully, Davy.

1 Like

That is six serious forwards at this level.

Do you think CON, AE and CC won’t see championship game with the seniors which will knock them out of contention for the 20s?

Can’t see CON not featuring for the seniors anyway

CON will play. So he’ll play vs Clare and be missing for the rest. And he’ll be a massive loss.

The other two might, but definitely not guaranteed.

He’d be getting gametime in my book also.

I think the 20s comp is supposed to be run off by mid May.

In that case Limerick seniors might keep him in reserve until they finish the 20s campaign.

CON AE and CC wont feature for the seniors. Kiely knows the year is gone. It was good while it lasted. Major rebuild over the next 18 months.

1 Like

Even without O’Neill, that’s a serious looking forward line and team. Probably favourites for the AI.

I hope he’s not playing against Cork because I have a sneaky suspicion we’ll be under pressure in Ennis.

Sixmilebridge

Even worse

Ha?

Favourites with CON, don’t think we are without him.

Ballwinning, scoretaking, work rate; you lose an awful lot. Liam Lynch is out as well who would be the most likely replacement.

There’s also a disruption issue, which I guess every team has, when you are training & playing challenges without your best players regularly. Tipp don’t have many (any) 20s on their senior panel and are apparently going well.

Surely Cork are the favourites having won both U20 and minor by double figures last year?

Huge difference between u17 and u20 IMO, and Limerick have a slightly better crop on the age.

We’re losing Joyce and O’Leary (Kingston won’t let them play a minute) with Flynn likely to be out for a fair bit of championship. Our 3 best players out for the round robin.

I see Limerick only losing O’Neill. Either way it’s shaping up to be a cracking championship.

Cummins is supposed to be a good coach but i can’t see them contending. Waterford and Clare will be interesting - Clare in particular have a few lovely hurlers on the age.

If I had to call it, I see a Cork v Limerick munster final again but home advantage to swing it to the Shannonsiders on this occasion.

Cork 20s looked good the other night against a fine big KK team. Albeit a lot of changes were made second half.

Did you think? I thought they looked poor enough and they should have put Kilkenny away earlier. Felt they looked very rusty.

They’ll walk Munster.

1 Like