Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

If John quane was 20 years younger we’d have won something.

The full back committed himself too much there
Game on

That goal has really shaken us. All the momentum with them now.

Gone totally out of it at midfield. We’ve basically been poor since Peter Nash was harshly subbed.

Louth the better team overall. Billy and his men will have regrets on that match but won’t lose too much sleep. An exceptional achievement to gain promotion to division 2 and they will relish that challenge next year.

2 Likes

Any word on how this went?

All i heard was the score. Limerick 1-25 Dublin 0-23. It was 11 all at half time

2 Likes

Heard both teams were at 90%. Dublin up by three at HT, pushed it out to 7 at one stage early in the 2nd half and then Limerick dominated till the end. Barry Nash best player on the field with 4 points. O O Reilly with the goal. Lynch didnt play.

Must have been a few limerick players at a wedding last night ?

WG’s? At least one definite starter was there anyway.

You’d be mad not to have 20 notes on Barry Nash for HOTY @ 66/1

cc @Plastic_Paddy

1 Like

Yep.

We just dont have the squad at the moment. Cant deal with losing players like Fahy and Donovan. The thing is that even if Div 2 is too hot for us next year, we’ll still only be dropping back to Div 3.

Sad that Limerick supporters are more interested in a fuckin challenge match. The support there today was pathetic.

3 Likes

There would have been more there if the county board hadn’t fixed a full round of league fixtures for tonight.

Now I know some clubs had their matches moved to facilitate attending but still. I didn’t see it as a result and was talking to a fair few others who would have attended otherwise.

1 Like

Jesus, hardly?!

There was a full round of Co League Fixtures last night, hardly surprising that impacted the crowd that travelled

If the hurlers are playing you can be sure there are no league matches on. A joke

3 Likes

Sure of course but :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Disappointing result yesterday.

Started off slowly, 0-04 to 0-02 down but really dominated up until half time I thought. Went 0-06 to 0-04 up and had loads of possession but didn’t make it count. To go in only a point up after being aided by the beeeze was ominous enough.

Fair play to Louth. Took over in the last 20/25 and deserving winners. Once they tacked on a few points after the goal it was game over.

Stopped off for grub in Obama Plaza on the way up and the ref and his merry band of umpires were in there. He didn’t influence the result but there was surely a blatant black card for a Louth defender in the second or third minute when Fahy was fouled as he was through on goal? Limerick didn’t make any issue of it but it looked clear as day on first viewing. Either way, it made no difference to the result as the best team.

Super league campaign overall. A great achievement to go up. Could be a tough campaign next year but you want to be up there testing yourself against the stronger teams. Can have a good crack at the championship in four weeks time now.

Pitiful crowd there yesterday. Us and Tipp brought nobody. Club league games get put off all the time for stags, weddings, birthdays, christenings, communions, vintage tractor runs etc so I don’t think it would have been unreasonable to pull matches yesterday for a National final. I appreciate the County Board had only 6 days to plan after promotion was secured and the match scheduled but the lack of support was embarrassing. I’d say we didn’t have 500 supporters.

Anyway, on we roll to the u-20 hurlers on Wednesday night.

11 Likes

There seems to be more Limerick people in croke park for the Kerry game today than the Limerick game yesterday.

2 Likes