Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

I dont know.i think we were stronger defensively last year because will o donoghue was centre backā€¦id have Will back in at centre back over Hannon.na piarsaigh are playing him at 6 and he looks very much at home there.

1 Like

We beat Galway and Kilkenny with wod at 6. Nothing to suggest we wouldnā€™t have beaten those teams this year with hannon there this year.

Clare and cork are well ahead of those teams.

There was tiny margins deciding the big games this year.

We donā€™t need to rip things up imo just a few tweaks. I actually think it could be byrnes who struggles to retain his place ahead of hannon.

I donā€™t think the issues were solely with defence. To be fair, with a fully fit team weā€™d probably have won the all Ireland. Even with say two of the first choice players that were injured longish term. I think the management never quite found the optimal balance in the tweaks made in response to the injuries in the front eight. I was saying it all year but I suppose after the Munster final they had to stick.

If Patrickswell win next Friday we will have the farcical situation of having the top 6 clubs in the county playing r5 dead rubbers.

Are clubs happy with the format?

How is Sean Finn playing for Bruff? Heā€™s a lad who didnā€™t look right after the cruciate injury.

Would be like a new player if he got back to form

Playing in the forwards for Bruff

They were well beaten today. Maybe a little bit of a surprise given the way other results have gone but the Bouncers needed it.

Half-time in a few early matches:

Intermediate
Croagh/Kilfinny 1-13 Mungret/St. Paulā€™s 1-6
Feohanagh 1-6 Hospital/Herbertstown 0-9

Straight red for C/K apparently with about 7 mins left in the half but they got the next 3 scores. Could be an interesting second half.

Not a stroll in the park for Feohanagh either.

Premier Junior
Feenagh/Kilmeedy 1-12 AK Desmonds 0-9

Junior A
Patrickswell 5-11 Blackrock 0-3
Ahane 0-11 Claughaun 0-8

Full-times:

Croagh/Kilfinny 2-19 Mungret/St. Paulā€™s 1-13. C/K did well to stretch their lead despite being down to 14. Depending how other results go today, that may be C/K through to a quarter-final at least. All down to the last round of fixtures for Mungret, could definitely come down to score difference between themselves & Bruree.

Feohanagh 2-16 Hospital/Herbertstown 1-18. Jamie Butler 2nd half goal crucial. Tighter than expected maybe but Feohanagh top the group with a game left to play, straight into a semi-final. Some turnaround from a relegation play-off last year where they looked doomed at one point. A win for H/H against Kilmallock in the last round should keep them out of that play-off.

Feenagh/Kilmeedy 1-22 AK Desmonds 1-18. Also tighter than expected in this one, might give Desmonds a bit of hope going into a relegation play-off. F/Kā€™s lowest margin of victory, quite significantly but are safely into a semi-final regardless of what happens in the last game.

Patrickswell 6-20 Blackrock 1-8. Some bateing. The Wellā€™s last game against Garryspillane will be winner-takes-all for a place in the knockouts.

Claughaun 1-22 Ahane 1-18. Big second half from Claughaun. Gets them off the mark but presuming that they win the replayed fixture against Bruff too and theyā€™ll have a chance of getting a quarter-final although they still have table-toppers Monaleen to play.

2 Likes

Rathkeale 0-20
Ballybricken 2-12

Rathkeale primed for quarter finals now

2 Likes

In Cappamore for an East derby between Murroe/Boher and Pallasgreen. Odds on a red card- 1/2

2 Likes

Looking at those teams youā€™d have to fancy murroe

Are you double jobbing with MB??

Let us know when Robert comes on and does his thing.

2 Likes

I can give you a solid odds on fav for it

PIHC
NCW 2-22
Na P 4-14

IHC
Bruree 1-12
St Kierans 1-10

Knockainey 4-18
Croom 0-18

1 Like

I may be way off on what you are suggesting with the plethora of options but, having seen an ā€˜action shotā€™ from last weekā€™s fixtures, there has been a relatively recent import from a neighbour?

1 Like

Draw game at HT. M/B played into a gale so youā€™d probably have to favour them from here although a wind won no game.

1 Like

You are well on.

I was at last weekā€™s game.

I was surprised not to have heard that given how I presume it went down!