Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

Pudgie started.

The game looked over but Pallasgreen scored 3 goals in stoppage time and almost stole it. Pudgie got the last one.

No red cards though, although it was a close-run thing, Pudgie was a little loose with his hurley on a yellow.

5 Likes

Because of the H2H rule, Kierans now need at least a win and a draw from their final two games or are in relegation. And hope Pallas get nothing from their last game.

While that is not ideal, itā€™s at least partly a freak of scheduling.

For me, I donā€™t like that the promoted team have to play Ahane first every single year. If you are going to set it up; for me, it should be the last game as then at least youā€™d have a situation like Liberties vs Adare in the B group.

In reality, I think it should be a random schedule each year and you just take it as it comes but if youā€™re going to fix it, at least fix it properly.

As for the overall format, I think that, until some of the weaker sides who go up to the A group start winning, I donā€™t know if you can change it up. I would have said the gap was closing a little bit but then Mungret went and got obliterated in their last two games after having gone so close to Kilmallock.

2 Likes

As far as I know it actually IS random but itā€™s just thrown up that fixture for the last few years.

Itā€™s done off a matrix on the Servasport system where you enter the teams and the computer gives you the schedule of games. Iā€™ve used it before and itā€™s actually easier to calculate the championship fixtures as all venues are neutral. For the league you have to take a home/away split into account.

It actually is a freak of scheduling.

A glitch in the matrix maybe.

If they have been producing a random schedule Iā€™d say there is a good chance of human error / system error given the probability of it happening three years in a row.

I dunno. There are only three possible pairings and a team can only play one of another 5 so maybe the odds of it happening arenā€™t as long as weā€™d think?

I am liable to human error myself but I make it 20% probability for a given year and 0.8% probability it happens three years in a row (0.2 * 0.2 * 0.2).

1 in 5. 20%.

3 years in a row is very long odds at less than 1% probability.

There must not be many older than him left playing outfield for their clubā€™s first team?

Even Kirby has gone into goals. I think Lucey is finally done. Dodge hasnā€™t played this year, I donā€™t think James Vincent Oā€™Brien has. Maurice Oā€™Brien is gone.

There might be one or two others down the grades but I canā€™t think of them off the top of my head.

Is Lorcan o Leary gone travelling Again?

Working in London. Heā€™ll be back the next day.

1 Like

A huge addition

Where would you even start to investigate this I wonder

https://hoganstand.com/article/index/333494

1 Like

Can imagine the culprits all ā€˜come togetherā€™ in unison for things like this.

Grim, but itā€™s a harsh lesson learned moreso than an investigation into who did it.

Heads should probably now turn to ā€˜how can we prevent this ever happening again?ā€™

Heard there is Solicitorā€™s involved in Bruff club. Must be some mess.

Itā€™s almost impossible to eliminate completely. If you are really bothered to put in the effort to do it, thereā€™s no real way to stop it.

Like, that fence has been there for years.

True - I get that alright

Maybe I shouldā€™ve said - ā€˜what is the best thing we can do to make this as hard as possible to do againā€™

Slowing the culprit down getting in and outā€¦ floodlit motion sensorsā€¦ motion alarms on certain hotspots etc

Might as well overdo it if thereā€™s a serious potential cost to it happening

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2024/0910/1469341-kyle-hayes/

1 Like

Itā€™s gone beyond a witch hunt point at this stage.

1 Like

Two years is tasty enough for speedingā€¦

1 Like