Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

Dark forces are at work

He’ll probably get it back after a year if he tows the line

1 Like

Two year ban seems harsh for what seems to have been purely a speeding offence

1 Like

You’d have to think an appeal would be successful.

1 Like

It’s a 100 miles an hour as well what’s this 158 km nonsense.

2 Likes

Down to a year and everyone wins

The best thing Kyle can do now is leave it be. Keep the head low and he has a fair chance of getting it back in a year. He’s on strike two now.

1 Like

The Examiner mentions this offence is a trigger for the prior one which will return to Limerick circuit court. What are the potential implications there?

Let Me Out Television GIF by GritTV
Unlikely though!

3 Likes

Especially when he’s a person of good character.

2 Likes

Does it apply to sulky driving as well??

1 Like

The Examiner would only love that

2 Likes

Convicted,bit of we’re honest most of us have done worse

You’d hope the chap gets the help he needs before this goes too far.

1 Like

Not a hope

A drinking pal of mine who’s a lawyer seems to think a driving offence should have no impact on his suspended sentence

In the context of Irish law, “triggering a Section 99” typically refers to invoking Section 99 of the Criminal Justice Act 2006. This provision allows the court to revoke a suspended sentence if an individual commits another offense during the period of suspension.

For Kyle Hayes, an Irish hurler who has played for Limerick’s senior hurling team, “triggering a Section 99” could imply that he has been involved in a legal matter that resulted in the activation of a previously suspended sentence. If this is the case, it could mean that Hayes would have to serve the suspended sentence in addition to any new penalties arising from the recent offense.

1 Like

Kyle arriving upto the Gaelic grounds for training in a sulky will be some spectacle.

1 Like
1 Like

I’m pretty sure that in the context of Limerick hurling, triggering a 99 refers to the ice-cream van that John Kiely gets over to the Gaelic Grounds after training in the summer.