Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

Iā€™d say he couldnā€™t believe you fell for it

1 Like

Third year in a row I think.

Theyā€™ll make it a war Iā€™m sure like only they can

Itā€™s a special talent of theirs at this stage rather than a dark art

Bit odd a coach is telling strangers that his current team is the greatest team ever.

Just looking there, the 2016 team was greater than the sum of their parts, possibly some of the teams since have been the opposite
Casey and Oā€™Donoghue werenā€™t the hurlers they are now

Fuck off mate, itā€™s our year

Have to laugh. Lad talking about nap having their greatest team ever and hasnā€™t set foot in a gaa stadium in years

The Dow, pre injury Dempsey, and the two Breenā€™s were basically club phenoms in different ways in that forward unit. A bit like Ballygunner now, it was more than it is on paper.

2 Likes

@backinatracksuit has @thelimericks in a tizzy

He is the biggest wum on the forum in fairness to him

1 Like

That was prime Dowling, what a player. Only way this NaP team can live upto trackies pals claim is to win the AI beating Doon, Ballygunner and Ballyhale at ease on the way

1 Like

This from the fella who came on holidays to Limerick when he was a little boy and liked the colour of the flag :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Lookit mate, you could be right, and again I was surprised myself.
But he must know what heā€™s talking about.
Club hurling in general feels stronger now, youā€™ve a few clubs dotted around the country that are close to inter county standard,
Nap beat mediocre Wexford champions and Cushendall in the All Ireland series that year.
Hurling has moved on a little more n physicality and fitness

Iā€™m not even wumming, these lads get so cross :man_shrugging:
Telegram groupthink again??

There were a few more as well like Kevin Downes who was a starter for Limerick. Canā€™t remember most of the matches individually but my memory of them was of a very dominant team that absolutely battered most. Pre 2018 Limerick hurling was a bit different I will concede though.

1 Like

The only thing for it is to put up a player by player comparison, probably an off season pastime in the past but this is an emergency :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

They should really have won a second AIā€¦

2 Likes

Paudie Oā€™Dwyer rode them red raw in the replay a few years back

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t have too much complaints on that one, the issue was not taking care of business the 1st day

1 Like

Yeah, that was the killerā€¦ Had it won.
Mike Casey getting injured was a killer too

2 Likes