Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

Ah I was at it (as you were too I assume). It was as bad a refereeing display as I’ve seen.

Casey’s injury won the game for Cuala. Only after he went off that CON came into the game

2 Likes

Did Shane Simpleton play in that game?

It would have been back to back right?

A bold statement to say current team are better

Saint came on in the first half of the replay and had a great battle with Big David Breen.

Na Piarsaigh were better that year than when they actually won the All Ireland in my view. Should have won the drawn game and Cuala learnt more for the replay.

Ballygunner threw everything at them in the Munster Final that year but Na Piarsaigh soaked it all up and fired back late on to run away with it.

4 Likes

Con O’Callaghan maybe

@limerix predictive text

The very man.

Waterford hurling is surely worse? At least in Limerick you have 4 realistic contenders most years. The group stage is very much shadow boxing alright.

Minor A title in the bag this afternoon :clap:

We don’t have huge amounts of silverware at underage so we’ll take whatever we can; this group have always been talented but have struggled for numbers, very few players on the age.

Had lost to Glenquin Gaels earlier in the competition so nice to turn that around and was relatively comfortable in the end. Good win against Glenroe during the week was possibly unexpected, they had been very dominant in their group over the likes of Kilmallock, NCW & Croagh/Kilfinny/Rathkeale.

12 Likes

Around that time Na Piarsaigh had six current or past inter county forwards on the team. And another one on the bench.

We’re no where near that level now.

NA PIARSAIGH: P. Kennedy, J. Boylan, M. Casey, C. King, R. Lynch, W. O’Donoghue (c), T. Grimes, A. Dempsey, G. Brown, D. Dempsey, S. Dowling, C. Boylan, A. Breen, K. Downes, P. Casey.
Subs: M. Foley for O’Donoghue (blood, 31-3); M. Foley for Grimes (43); K. Ryan for Breen (50).

Some team!

3 Likes

Some team. Gordon Browne the only outlier id say?

Nap have never been the same force without dowling out field.

He sparked them.

1 Like

I’ll never forget that goal against Slaughtneil, incredible piece of skill. What a player in his pomp.

1 Like

Brown didn’t play much hurling after that, I don’t think, maybe one more year of senior, but he was very effective. An incredible engine.

What does in his pomp actually mean?

In his prime/at his peak

1 Like

He used to wear ceremonial robes

But it doesn’t though unless the internet is wrong.

It’s a word bandied about recklessly on fora and by GAA lads incorrectly in my view.

King Charles enjoyed the pomp and ceremony of his coronation maybe. But is he in his pomp as a king?

In one’s pomp is at the peak of one’s powers