Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

And tbf he seems like a fella obsessed with the game so doubt he’d make that decision lightly.

Good player but too one sided to be a great.

1 Like

5 Likes

He had some game that day.

When that went over I thought it would be our day.

2 Likes

Point of order: even at his best, fittest and youngest, Shane Dowling never looked remotely like Carl Lewis

When Shefflin came on and was met by a tsunami of shoulders I thought we’d win. I’d never seen us beat Kilkenny in the championship in my life back then

4 points up 30 minutes in against the greatest team of all time (at the time). You must of been on the ale :sweat_smile:

One of those days that - despite all the bad years - showed we were never that far away.

Disbelief more than anything.

1 Like

It’s that kind of off the cuff genius that made him so good to watch. Similar to the aforementioned goal vs Slaughtneil. You hear lots of talk with soccer these days that those players don’t exist anymore because of intricate systems etc. you’d hope hurling doesn’t go that way even though it already looks that way slightly.
Scores like Tony’s ingenious point in the AIF where he flicked it over a fella are rarely seen at the top level which is why it was so refreshing. Same with that point near the end when he spun onto his left.

2 Likes

I would still say he’s right side is weak like a lot of left sided hurlers.

Probably showed his limitation on his right whereby he had to resort to that unorthodox underhand flick.

He was a moments player of which he had some great ones, as an overall point, he was a good but not great inter county forward.

2 Likes

He probably should have been a tennis player

That isn’t doing anyone any good. How are a combined Croom/Granagh-Ballingarry team down in B? @dodgy_keeper

2 Likes

The B competition is a farce. Plenty of walkovers given so far.

Should there be a ‘C’ division?

The timing of it has alot to do with the walkovers I’d say. Will be interesting to see how C/G-B go in the knockout stages.

I said it at the start of the weekend.
Its a disgrace them kind of amalgamations can play in B. All its going to do is put teams off playing.

Any of them sides need to be in Premier or at least A.

Wouldn’t be like Ballingarry to enter into a B comp to try win a handy trophy…

1 Like

The 2 of them would be up there competing for B on their own nevermind together.

From what I have heard they had nearly 6/7 players starting for their sides first teams. Says enough really