Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

He had something very different to a lot of lads. Nap never the same force without him.

1 Like

What are you on about

Kilmallock v The Well on TG4 next Sunday

3 Likes

Not sure.

If they want to show a Limerick match surely one of the senior B matches would be a better option.

It’s the big two sure.

You’re after being telt. Leave it there now

When did the domino’s start to fall with the Dow’s knee?

He played all of 2018 for Limerick/Na Piarsaigh and all of 2019 with Limerick and even played a game or two for Na Piarsaigh (he looked like Carl Lewis running through the Kilmallock backline in a game on Buff’s Snapchat in August 2019) before hardly being seen again as an outfielder in his career.

Early part of lock down

Club championship match v Adare

What year?

He was only coming back from injury for that Slaughtneil match in February 2018 so maybe the issue was underlying a while but it seemed a very quick retirement from scoring a goal in the 2019 All Ireland Semi Final to being retired by the following summer.

Old money tie

1 Like

There was no inter county gaa in the summer off 2020,

It was in 19…

1 Like

The Dow touched the :star2: he’d no worlds left to conquer not too many can say they’ve reached the holy grail at club and county

10 Likes

One of the best pair of hands ever he had in fairness.

2 Likes

It must be a strange injury because I remember him doing an interview just after he announced the retirement and after his explanation of it my uneducated brain taught jeez that doesn’t sound like something serious enough to end someones outfield career but obviously it was.

I think it was more to do with the pain post game and continued damage hampering his quality of life as he got older… Worth crippling yourself for?
Tho last i heard he got a second diagnosis and not as bad as his initial one but still not great regarding playing outfield at a decent level

Hands of gold feet of clay

4 Likes

In fairness, I don’t ever recall a better substitute performance than Dowlings in the 2018 All Ireland Semi-final. He was like a man possessed that day.

Of course Darragh Fitzgibbon lost the run of himself just prior to that, but Dowling gave some exhibition off the bench.

2 Likes