Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

I’ve been abroad for the last few weeks and missed a heap of games. Looking forward to some live action now and I’ll head for Ashkayton later for the IFC quarter-final.

3 Likes

It is and it’s a shame as it’s the main town to a lot of local villages.

Shouldn’t be let go to where it is at all.

Who are Kilacolla Gaels?

Bruree and Ballyagran i believe.

1 Like

2022 Leabhrann Eolais, I don’t have a later version but would be fairly odd to have a change last year and change back again this year.

1 Like

Galbally stick 5 goals past Gerald Griffins.

2 Likes

HT Claughaun 1-6 NCW 0-3. NCW down to 14.

1 Like

@peddlerscross Fr Caseys cruise through their quarter final

2 Likes

Claughaun cruised home 3-11 to 1-8. Emptied the bench with 15 to go when leading by 3-11 to 0-4 allowing NCW to do all the scoring in the final quarter.

Hadn’t been in Askeaton in about 2 years. Pitch is immaculate, new training pitch up behind the goals, new annex to the dressing rooms under construction, Larry Meade welcoming all-comers and a damn good show all round. Great to see. Super venue.

3 Likes

The astro has been a great addition to the club

1 Like

It looks good. Claughaun v The Mushes in the semi-final will surely be fixed for there?

I see Donal O’Grady will be managing the minors next year. He was mentioned as potential senior manager despite having no management experience so seems like a good move.

We need to make sure the management teams of underage are quality

The u20s had lads in the backroom last year who had no pedigree whatsoever in the game at inter county level. Has to be more than putting your hand up

One of the Kelly’s?

No. Joey Healy, big lad at midfield. Kicked a lad after winning a free. Possibly was hoodwinked by the presence of a linesman, said linesmen having been absent for most of the championship so far.

Jamesie Kelly was listed in goal but played out the field. Stephen kicked a few super scores.

1 Like

He must be 40 years of age by now.

Makes a lot of sense but with that on top of the other few changes purported to the backroom team, it means it’ll be a very changed senior setup next year.

Hopefully Dodge gets a good backroom in around him too.

I believe Aonghus O’Brien will be one of them.

Ger Kelleher lead coach

Tony Murphy
Jody Hannon
Brian Sexton

1 Like