Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

It’s the same story all over the country; nothing unique about it

Definetely, too many of the Cousins do not help matters either.

Very few towns or villages worth its salt anymore in the county in appearance. NCW is a grand looking town to be fair but still.

Abbeyfeale, Kilmallock, Bruff, Rathkeale all kips

A shot of porridge in the morning should coach their movements just fine

Big wins for M/B and Cappamore.
KP and Kilmallock looked a cracker

1 Like

I was talking to a man from Croagh/Kilfinny tonight and he reckons it’s a procession next week against Cappamore.

Can anyone tell me any different?

After hearing that NAP inters after been given a lifeline from the CB.
Apparently, in a swift change of heart, it’s being declared that if that bottom two teams in the PI Group finish levels on points that the H2H is discarded with a relegation playofff settling the matter.
Seems like a late excuse to avoid a few dead rubber games next weekend.

In fairness to the county board it’s not a late rule change, maybe poor communication at the outset of the championship at worst.

Has there been a playoff in recent times? Don’t remember any

So they have to play again?

Glin refuse to be flushed :clap:

2 Likes

Hard to see the result changing.
Na Piarsaigh would still have to beat GS in the last match for a playoff.

That’s a lot different than suggesting a rule was changed yesterday.

I think it was decided a number of years ago that a team would not be relegated either on scoring difference or on a penalty shoot-out.

1 Like

And that’s very fair.

Will need G/B to beat Glenroe also which I guess is far more likely.

So does that mean that, say Liberties had lost to us but then beaten Adare, they’d have had to play each other again?

Badly-communicated definitely which is hardly a surprise.

I do remember a play-off in 2018 when score difference was the deciding factor and Blackrock & Feohanagh finished level on points.

I’ve said it here a number of times, and mean no offence to anybody, but Kilmallock is as run down and depressing a town as you’ll pass through anywhere in the country,
Its (sorta)neighbour the oft maligned Tipperary town is a paradise in comparison

1 Like

Yeah but Kilmallock people are sound at least.

3 Likes

Seems the relegation playoff rule is specified for Premier Intermediate in particular. I don’t know if it is also specified for the other grades.

County board could definitely communicate an awful lot better, even just stick everything somewhere on the website, but club secretaries have the info available to them anyway and should take a bit of the responsibility also.