Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

All over in sunny Croagh:

Knockaderry 0-17 Crecora/Manister 1–13

An injury time Mark Danaher free gives Knockaderry a deserved victory over a wasteful Crecora/Mainster.

Report to follow…….

2 Likes

Looking like a straight knockout between Pats and Crecora in final round for the 3rd spot, tasty.

1 Like

Yes, it used to be down the far corner. This is a new manual one down the dressing room side, fine job in fairness.

1 Like

Yes, and I’d fancy Pats to take the last spot.

That could be a good one to go to.
Must check what fixtures are confirmed.

Potentially Hego marking CON?

Which hego :grinning:

Awfully tame stuff inside in Claughaun. Bit disappointed with Mungret tbh, just never showed up. The Well did look good now, very slick but Mungret pretty much let them do what they wanted.

12 points at HT, 20 at FT.

Mungret did get a goal early-ish in the second half but the bit of drive never came in. The Well were throwing them over for fun by the end.

Kirby, Lynch, Gillane & Tom O’Brien were all very good.

1 Like

That’ll do for Mungret in Senior A you’d feel. Unlucky to lose both opening games by a point, with Doon and Na Piarsaigh to come after today it’s hard to see them registering a point.

I was going to head to Fedamore in a while but Mrs. Kremmen is delayed in town and has promised to bring a Donkey’s takeaway home. Can’t miss that and it could be a turkey shoot over there anyway.

2 Likes

Large chip, cod* square, battered sausage and tin of pop?

*Not cod

You’re exiled for too long, Sham.

The chips are one size fits all, as is the cod (not cod)

Yes to the battered sausages x 3. Tins of pop are evil and rot your teeth.

She’d want to get a move on.

1 Like

At least 10 years since i was in there.

Has the grandmother passed?

Think she’s still on the go but doesn’t work there anymore. It’s a funny arrangement in that it’s split between the Fords and Hannons who do different days of the week between them I think.

1 Like

Was expecting a lot more from Mungret. Their running game has worked well for them but fairly falls apart when they have no time. Still managed to hit almost 20 wides I suppose.

1 Like

Monaleen in early control against Adare, leading 1-9 to 0-5.

A bit of a rally from the Maiguesiders as they pull it back to 1-13 to 1-9 at half time.

Liberties balkybroen a draw at half time

Hannon with the goal, and a point shortly after. They went 1-11 to 0-6 down.

Ó Dálaigh had 1-4 scored after about 15 minutes.

2 Likes

Those expecting a hammering from the off in the Ballybrown vs Liberties game in for a surprise.

Draw at the break, there is a strong wind with Liberties, fair enough.

Liberties are lorrying most of their puckouts long & straight down the middle on Barry Nash. They’re not winning many but are working hard enough.

Ballybrown don’t look totally fired up yet, not really at the pitch of it.

A couple of scuffles off the ball between Tomás O’Connor & Barry Nash. Helmets came off the first time, John Halloran let them off with a talking-to. The second time, he dished out two yellow cards.

On the few short Liberties puckouts, the ball went astray and were punished by Ballybrown. But Nash made a great save from Barry Adams, ball went out to Nash, who carried it up the wing to score a sensational point.

Liberties’ goal came from a missed ball in the BB full-back line. FF was way behind his man, couldn’t believe his luck and buried it.

You’d imagine Ballybrown will win with the wind, Liberties probably should be ahead, let Ballybrown score the last 3 in a row from turnovers.

1 Like

A real welcome to the Big Boys Game dished out by The Well this afternoon.