Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

Finished 3-15 to 2-25.

Hannon got a second goal straight after half time. Fairly one way traffic for Monaleen after that. John Fitzgibbon scored a late penalty.

Burst the footballs

3 Likes

Ballybrown scrape over the line: 0-25 to 1-20.

Unconvincing from them but Liberties were up for it. Barry Cooney was a nice boost.

Nash mishit two frees in the second half which could have been vital.

Could Libs beat Adare?

Louis Mulqueen would wanna pack in the coaching for a while and start from scratch

This was obviously my first time seeing them this season and it seems to have been their best performance to date. Based on those performance levels, they certainly have a chance.

They have reason to believe they threw the game away this evening. They are limited in certain areas (probably more limited than Adare generally) but they seemed to have a fair idea of what they wanted to do and they did work hard. And they have an elite forward in Barry Nash. If Tom Ryan was playing too, Iā€™d give them a right chance based on that.

I didnā€™t see tonight but apparently Adare were quite unlucky against Dromin/Athlacca. Willie is a big loss though.

Adare would still have to be favourites but Liberties would certainly believe they have a chance. Weā€™re playing them on Thursday now and I reckon theyā€™ll fancy a crack off us.

Took Adare 20 minutes to realise they need to put a sweeper in front o dailaigh. 8 points down at that stage- damage already done. Jamie power, darragh langan and Joe fitz all stood out. Hannon with 2-5 and o dailaigh 1-7 from play. Adare in serious trouble. Libs could hit them yet.

2 Likes

They have a chance Iā€™d say

2-5 from play for Hannon?

2-1 from play and a few close in frees. He spent a lot of the match in the full forward line.

1 Like

surely better players available ? fair play to those who are available all the sameā€¦

john fitz really changed things around when he went back sweeping, but on the other hand it took away his threat going forward. deployed deep at full back* and striking long ball down to 14 in the hope that hannon might replicate his second goalā€¦ a big challenge awaits v SL

Consternation in Fedamore in the JAHC as Claughaun & Bruff were on the field for the 12pm throw-in with no referee present. The Co. Board suggested waiting til 1.15. The two clubs, sensibly, told them to fuck themselves and went away home.

1 Like

Murroe/Boher vs St. Kieranā€™s is off aswell.

Hannon FF flanked by Gillane & the Bull next year .

Is that due to the farm accident in Ardagh yesterday?

Limerick donā€™t do a full forward like Hannon.
In fact I donā€™t think they do a FF at allā€¦

It is, I think the father of one of the players was one of those injured and a few others were present.

1 Like

Aaron literally stands on the edge of the square for about 50 minutes every game.

But then runs out to the sideline to receive the sliotar.