Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

Knockainey after losing two O’Gradys judging by the above teamsheet?

No Jack but Mikey was playing alright.

Is there another one?

A strong breeze blowing downfield at PĂĄirc an ChrĂłcaigh for St Pats v Drom-Broadford in the Prem Junior hurling quarter @ 2pm.

Whoever goes in at half time playing with it would need to be 7 or 8 up.

2 Likes

El Clas-hego

5 Likes

Very good :grin:

1 Like

Goal for Hego Snr.

1 Like

Who has the wind?

I’m not at it but I hope for D/B’s sake, it’s Pat’s because Hego has just stuck another goal.

@Gary_Birtles_Lovechi should be able to inform us; it sounds like they’ve kept Hego up the field after his exploits the last day.

1 Like

A radical enough idea. Play one of the best forwards in the country in the forwards

3 Likes

Monaleen 0-10 Patrickswell 0-11 at half time

Monaleen tore into the Well for the first 15 minutes but haven’t sustained it. DOD went off and they have hit some bad wides from out the field with a strong breeze.

Carrying the ball won’t really be a hindrance to Monaleen but Jamie Power has been able to hit the square with his puckouts so I imagine Gillane will be doing similar in the second half.

2 Likes

Drom have come right back into this, Pats leading 3-14 to 2-14.

Three mins plus injury time left.

Both Pats and the Well hold on.

Monaleen 0-18 Well 0-20

DOD being injured possibly the difference. He came on early in the second half and scored with his first touch but his ankle (I think) went. He stayed on but got nothing out of the other few balls that came his way.

Patrickswell gonna get bate in Semi-Final

Massive favs today and scrope over the line. Format of the competition was their path to the semi-final rather than qualify of play

Pats win 3-16 to 2-16.

Report to follow.

2 Likes

Again, I think the format of the competition was justified to a point today. The Well destroyed Mungret in a group game; because Monaleen had momentum behind them after coming through the B group, they actually put it up to them and maybe could have won.

2 Likes

Doon will bate them a point a man if they are tuned in.

1 Like

Kilmallock win by 2. Super sub Chanley turned the game for them in the second half.

1 Like

1-22 to 2-17. Injury time goal for Ballybrown made it respectable. Once the bull goaled we were in control. A traditional kilmallock patrickswell final is on.

Ye were definitely that bit better but harsh enough re the respectable comment. I thought there wasn’t a whole pile in it. Goalie for BB went off injured which was the turning point - goal came straight from the proceeding poor puck out.

The Bull, the bull, the bull

2 Likes