Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

How much did the bull score?

Heā€™s looking like our best forward already

1 Like

Are the semis a double header next weekend?

Patrickswell v Doon in Kilmallock at 1pm Sunday
Na Piarsaigh v Kilmallock in MNP at 5pm Sunday

4 Likes

We hit 14 wides

Thereā€™s a big difference from club to intercounty. I have my doubts still.

3 Likes

Are the semi finals confirmed for other grades?

Not sure, I havenā€™t seen them anyway.

No value in hyping him up too much anyway. He obviously has massive potential but also plenty to work on.

Felt like Coughlan did ok on him today but he still ended up with 1-5.

Thatā€™s the way we like it.

Intermediate is:
Bruree v Murroe Boher in Fedamore 2pm Saturday.
Feohanagh v Croagh Kilfinny 4pm NCW Saturday

Heā€™s a serious talent and itā€™s great that heā€™s stepping up massively for Kilmallock; his scoretaking this year has been superb, heā€™s their main man now.

Obviously itā€™s a huge step-up to senior intercounty; he has the physical attributes and the raw ability; itā€™s the mental side of things, decision-making, etc. that is always where the gap is for younger players.

1 Like

Respectable? Kilmallock were only a score up or behind for 95% of game. The most bizarre incident with a Ballybrown man running around without a helmet. Murphy went in but left Oisin away with a chat and no moreā€¦ and the point.

1 Like

Johnny found a moment to make it all about him again with the sending off of a selector for what seemed to be a mere ā€œah for fuck sake Johnny!ā€

1pm and 4pm i believe

1 Like

Keane looking a bit starstruck there.

https://twitter.com/Darr_ODonovan/status/1842983596392579172?t=2jupXg5PdT3FAAK-MrrYQQ&s=19

5 Likes

Would be great if they took the county hurling final out of TUSGG this year. Itā€™s not like they are breaking attendance records anyway. I imagine a final in a packed out Kilmallock or NCW would be much more of an occasion. Of course said clubs would need their playing surfaces to be up to scratch. It just seems a small bit soulless in the GG, even when clubs like Doon or Kilmallock are in it with their sizeable support.

MNP has become a cracking venue with the stand but that wouldnā€™t hold it.

4 Likes

Of course they should. Look at the crowd in Atherny yesterday compared to the soulless Pearse Stadium.

John Locke Park in Callan is the best venue in Kilkenny for club hurling. Perfect size, banking on 3 sides and a stand with seating.

1 Like

And a handy spin for you.

Christ, I remember when that new pitch was first laid. Ye must have got the top soil out of the slate quarries.

As in 1983?