Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Just back from Nap and Ballysteen. Nap win by 6, poor enough fare.

NCW prevailed in the local derby, by all accounts a cracker

I’ve seen some shit following Bally over the years but that was up there. NAP not bad to be fair few nice players well setup and fouled Ballysteen every time they tried to start an attack. They got away with murder but it was smart play. They should have won by more really. We were miles off it

2 Likes

It’s like ye never went to see nap play.

Co inter semi final and final were the same last year.

1 Like

Opposition analysis is the least of our concerns when you can’t complete a handpass under no pressure

1 Like

That was a good lixnaw team Gerry had

Paul Galvin was still under 21 and not on the kerry senior football squad so was hurling pretty much full time, he got the man of the match in the replayed final. kerry were beaten in the Munster football final that year and Eamonn Fitzmaurice was hurling all summer when he only 22 or 23

It was a big win for Lixnaw as they hadnt won the championship since 1985 and they beat Crotta their neighbours and most bitter rivals. Pat Cronin shot the winning point for Lixnaw, he himself played underage for Crotta, his father played underage for Lixnaw and adult for Crotta, Pat’s first cousins were playing for Crotta

Pat was a fine hurler actually, ended up playing with Barrs in Cork

1 Like

It’s only football lads

5 Likes

I hear Verney mention on our game that limerick are trying a forward in the number 6 jersey in practice games

1: who is the leak?
2: who is the forward?

David Reidy? Hego?

Mul will make a superb centre back.

2 Likes

Verney will say what JP tells him to say

1 Like

Barry Nash or Kyle Hayes.

1 Like

Wow looks like we are playing someone in a false 6 role.bit like Pep with the false 9.:joy::upside_down_face:

Hegos always been a back

I think Verney is very good. A keen judge and for me the better of the two lads on the podcast.

For your questions, Verney seems to be the leak and if I was to guess I would say the player is Reidy.

It’s o Donovan

Caseys had a load of u21s playing, ncw missing Sheehan and D Kelly.

We have loads of options for 6. Ye’lll just have to wait another week.

1 Like

It sounds even considering each team’s losses. Emmett Rigter had a fine game my source told me

Poor aul Gil is frothing to find out.

He’s been frothing at the mouth for five years.

Drop Gillane back there for the craic, Cork will have Hoggie centre back by the Waterford Crystal.