Half time updates

Adare 0-5
Monaleen 1-2

Ballylanders 0-5
Galtee Gaels 0-7

Crackers

Adare lead by 2 in stoppage time

Edit: they win by 1

Bit of a surprise that. Big win for GG also.

2 Likes

Just back from a miserable Newcastle.

Woodlands House Hotel Premier Junior A Football Group 2 Round 1 result.

G/B 2-10 Athea 0-09.

Brutal conditions, downpours during both halves. Weather more akin to November than June. Credit to both sides who dusted themselves down and performed admirably considering.

Following back-to-back promotions, the sleeping giants of Limerick club football pick up the two points on offer. Scored a point straight from the throw in before, from the resulting kick out, G/B intercepted to tap into the empty net. 1-01 on the board before an outfield Athea player had touched the ball.

A few fine scores from both sides followed before a point effort drifted in over the head of the unfortunate ‘keeper. Gave them
a comfortable cushion they were never to relinquish over the hour. Athea didn’t really create a goal chance of note.

Estimated attendance - 37.

They’ve done a lovely job on the back car park at the back gate. Tarmacced and lined, a fine job. The new set of goalposts, nets and grass goalmouths also look very well. Full credit to NCW.

8 Likes

Is the straight crossbar gone!?

1 Like

Yip, a round one now!

A remember a Drom man onto us before about being alert for balls coming back off the cross bar there.

He was right definately once a game a ball came off it.

Also, the seats and roof have gone into the stand in Mick Neville. :brendan:

3 Likes

Galtee Gaels senior how many years now?

This is their 4th year back up I’d say.

Big win.

They did okay without many wins since going up?

They’ve been very competitive and a touch unlucky not to go a bit further

Just avoided relegation first year up, made semi in second year, went out in quarters (I think) last year

1 Like

Padraig Quinn in goals for monaleen tonight? Is that the lad usually wing back, where was o Sullivan? Anyone at it?

The Landers must of been seething

I wasn’t around tonight, but hopefully they were :grinning:

They’d be seething before it ever started the shower of cunts

He’s good alright, tends to have a shoot on sight policy but he’ll definitely be a more than decent player in years to come.

Himself & SOB will be a good pair at club level.

Michael Harte is my neighbour and he was in goals the day night of the row. He wouldn’t ever talk much about it to me to this day. I meet him most days. His son Adrian was a very good hurler for kildimo and he’s the head of his cousin Aaron gillane.

2 Likes