Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

i think that old geezer was going to bring you to a back room mate :smiley:

3 Likes

You are a rare exception amongst @Limericks

2 Likes

It was actually one of the Moranā€™s my own age which made the thought of the pair of going around the players, shaking hands even weirder!

Let the lads at it

Thinking about it, it might have been the COVID yearā€¦

1 Like

split szn fault

Didnā€™t Kerry end up in Diceys or d2s or something last year?

I doubt many hotels want the hassle of it tbh.

I doubt many co. boards want the cost of it

They gave the evening after the 2020 final before getting the train down. Didnt land into Colbert till after 2am so as to ensure there was no crowd waiting for them.

@BruidheanChaorthainn There was no falling out with the Morans, simply a lack of a function room big enough. I think they own the Wrens Nest Hotel in Dublin which is one of the major backers of Club Limerick.

6 Likes

Maybe that was me just being cynical. Iā€™ll take your word for it.

If we win, I can see Marty at the banquet saying ā€œso you decided to come home to your own people in Limerick to celebrate Johnā€.

Kiely will tell him that staying in Dublin is very expensive, we donā€™t have an endless supply of money in Limerick and he would like to thank the Fitzgerald family for their hospitality.

10 Likes

Iā€™m here beside the river Maigue

4 Likes

Kerry were in The Gibson last year if I remember rightly. They got the Red Luas line down to Hughie in The Boars Head on the Monday morning.

They ended up in D2 after the replay in 2019 as they couldnā€™t get anywhere else at short notice.

Galway had The Burlington in 2018 - I bumped into Joe Canning, Conor Whelan and Davy Glennon walking into Oā€™Brienā€™s on Leeson St. with heads on them like Spanish Omlettes at around 8pm that evening.

Waterford had The Burlington in 2017 while Tipp were there in 2016 and 2019.

2 Likes

The Burlo is THE iconic post all Ireland venue

1 Like

Hurl away

9 Likes

I was more or less getting at that.

Cork and Tipp always went there back in the Halcyon days.

Didnā€™t the Cork Hurlers used to stay in Barryā€™s Hotel before the modern era? It is the original iconic venue associated with All Ireland finals

i went looking to see and found this that made me laugh

67 years today since the 1953 All-Ireland Hurling Final. Cork 3-03 Galway 0-08. This was Corkā€™s second All-Ireland in a row and they would go on to win again in 1954. Galway tried a very physical style of marking Christy Ring and the Galway crowd in the stands booed loudly anytime Ring was in possession. Ring was the Cork captain. He scored the second Cork goal and Josie Hartnett scored the first Cork goal. Although the All-Ireland final had been decided the ill-feeling didnā€™t stop there. That night both teams were treated to a meal at the Gresham Hotel. Some of the Galway players were not satisfied with the result and decided to have their revenge on Christy Ring. As he was walking up the steps out of the ballroom he was struck in the face and fell backwards. The Galway man who struck Ring got away and the Cork team had to leave by the store entrance in case of another flare up on the street. There was another incident the following morning as the Cork players ate their breakfast at Barryā€™s Hotel where both teams were staying. Once again a Galway man entered the dining room and struck Ring, however, on this occasion he was surrounded by his Glen Rovers club mates who gave chase. The Galway players escaped and that was the end of the post-match scuffles.

fucking Galway :smiley:

5 Likes

I believe it was a noted hideout for the IRA during the War of Independence also

Definitely no falling out with the Red Cow

1 Like

Looks like the bad run of injuries continues.

Next man up