Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Public service broadcasting my bollox. Disband the useless cunts

1 Like

From Nicky English on the Irish Times yesterday

Not really. Limerick are in a different stratosphere. If it weren’t for Kilkenny four years ago they would be on a six-in-a-row, not four. They are an outstanding team. There is nothing to do but congratulate them.

Nicky has placed a huge asterisk beside the 2019 final.

16 Likes

Morrissey’s and Reidy’s women won’t be happy seeing that.

And Reidy’s woman being from galway

I saw Sporting Limerick had something about our scoring stats:

From play:

• Aaron Gillane 3-15
  • Seamus Flanagan 4-9
  • Tom Morrissey 0-18
  • Cathal O’Neill 1-12
  • Peter Casey 0-11
  • Gearoid Hegarty 0-8
  • Diarmaid Byrnes 0-6
  • David Reidy 0-6
  • Darragh O’Donovan 0-6
  • Kyle Hayes 0-5
  • Cian Lynch 0-4
  • Graeme Mulcahy 0-3
  • Barry Nash 0-3
  • Declan Hannon 0-2
  • William O’Donoghue 0-1
  • Adam English 0-1

A decent spread of scorers. Possibly hit lower tallies than we would have in previous years though.

Cathal O Neill is magic. Would have multiple All Stars already if he was from a different county. But I’m sure he’ll take the Celtic Crosses any day.

Was immense early on in the campaign when we needed him

1 Like

He’d only have the All Stars if his team were getting to finals though.

A class hurler for sure, I’d be expecting a much more significant contribution from Adam next year, provided he stays injury-free.

1 Like

Who are these lads? My daughter had some pictures from Sunday night, I knew most of them but neither of these lads

O Neill has provided a huge lift from the bench. Something we haven’t had since the Dow departed.

Jimmy Quilty on the left.

I’m not great with faces tbqh, I think that’s Jamie Power on the right but I wouldn’t be 100% on that.

1 Like

That’s Ciarán Barry on the left. Jamie Power is the other one alright.

5 Likes

He’ll be pushing for a start next year hopefully. Hopefully the likes of Patrick O’Donovan, Shane O’Brien and Aidan O’Connor get game time in the league next year as well.

Young English too. Be great to throw a heap of starts into him early rounds of the league

2 Likes

Bigtime. Fergal O’Connor maybe too. Need to keep bringing young lads through.

And a grand girl she is too

I do think Peter Casey was a little lucky to get mom but at 16-11 Casey scored a wonder point and then sets up Barry nash to make it a three point game. A little like Kyle in 2018 v cork when he got a point down along the lower hogan he really lifted us when we needed it.

2 Likes

And that eoin Cody slip at 2-10 to 15 points was massive. That score from gillane to level it up was awesome.

2 Likes

That was the moment, came after Keoghan slipped at the other end, the roar as it was on its way was spine tingling.

1 Like