Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

O’Neill’s first one on the sideline (straight in front of me ) was fucking ridiculous. He had absolutely no right to score it.

9 Likes

He was being hounded by 2 KKs and burst through them, phenomenal

4 Likes

That gillane score is probably one of the teams best ever.

3 Likes

Is Kiely off now or does he wait for a general election?

Having exceeded the quota I now deem John Kiely ELECTED.

4 Likes

The man should be Taoiseach once he is finished with Limerick hurling and subsequently Galbally camogie.

1 Like

That means PJ would have to be made president.

1 Like

Point of the year for me.

2 Likes

Club Championship actually starts tomorrow night with the first round of the Premier Intermediate.

As the foremost club hurling thread on the INTERNET, our prediction competition went very well last year so we’ll give it another go this year if people are up for it.

Senior
Champions-
Relegation from Senior A Group-
Promoted from Senior B Group-
Relegated to Premier Intermediate-

Premier Intermediate
Champions-
Relegated-

Intermediate
Champions-
Relegated-

Junior A
Champions-
Relegated-

I’ll throw up the groups in the post below.

Tagging everyone who took part last year, newcomers obviously welcome too: @Esso_Oil @Julio_Geordio @Elvis_Brandenberg_Kr @dodgy_keeper @balbec @Watchthepost @FatChops @Breaking_my_balls @slimjim @FlakeAway @anotheryear @Copper_pipe @TreatyStones @endakenny

and our joint reigning champions: @Bod95 @ciarancareyshurlingarmy @glasagusban @Jahan & @Heyyoubehindthebushes

8 Likes

Senior A
Ahane
Doon
Kildimo/Pallaskenry
Kilmallock
Na Piarsaigh
Patrickswell

Senior B
Adare
Ballybrown
Garryspillane
Monaleen
Mungret/St. Paul’s
South Liberties

Premier Intermediate
Blackrock
Bruff
Cappamore
Dromin/Athlacca
Effin
Glenroe
Na Piarsaigh 2
Newcastlewest

Intermediate Group 1
Bruree
Croagh/Kilfinny
Hospital/Herbertstown
Kilmallock 2
Knockaderry
Pallasagreen

Intermediate Group 2
Croom
Feohanagh
Granagh/Ballingarry
Knockainey
Murroe/Boher
St. Kieran’s

Junior Group 1
Askeaton
Ballybricken/Bohermore
Kilteely/Dromeen
Monagea
Patrickswell 2
Staker Wallace

Junior Group 2
Caherline
Claughaun
Crecora/Manister
Garryspillane 2
Templeglantine
Tournafulla

Junior Group 3
Ahane 2
Castletown/Ballyagran
Feenagh/Kilmeedy
Killeedy
Old Christians
St. Patrick’s

Junior Group 4
Blackrock 2
Bruff 2
Doon 2
Dromcollogher/Broadford
Mungret/St. Paul’s 2
Rathkeale

I think most of these are way harder to call than last year (when it was difficult enough).

Maybe at senior Na Piarsaigh are still strong favourites but Kilmallock have at least one quality addition, while Patrickswell have added a few, have Cian Lynch back and also would appear to have a better management team. Doon down a few but will be hoping to be able to keep Adam English & Barry Murphy fit for the entire campaign this time.

Last year, Blackrock were strong, strong favourites to go down; there is no obvious team this year imo. That second group is so tight, at both ends. Like, Adare would like to think they’ll go straight up but if Hannon is in bother, it won’t be easy for them. Doesn’t sound like Ballybrown are going that well under Shane McGrath but will have Josh Adams back & the two county boys likely to have kicked on another level from just being inside. Monaleen have a bit of momentum behind them and have added a few strong minors, Mungret also have a bit of youth & Liam Lynch should be back and Garryspillane still have a strong core.

Premier Intermediate always tough to call. I know most people didn’t pick Monaleen last year but they did have a strong panel on paper, but they didn’t find it easy to win it… you’ve got Blackrock down who definitely wouldn’t have the same strength. They’re now down Jimmy Quilty too, Bruff down Seanie Finn; is it opening up for NCW to finally go senior? Effin might have a smaller panel but do some top county talent, POD will be up there as the most dangerous forward in the division. Although I think Jack Quaid has emigrated. And then, Na Piarsaigh? Hard to know with them, depends how many get burned at a higher level as to whether they’ll be competing at the top or potentially struggling against relegation.

Don’t think there’s a standout side at Intermediate either, Croagh/Kilfinny probably on paper having reached two finals in a row but down a few from last year and I don’t know if Martin Kiely is as good as Loftus. Then you have Bruree who look to be going very well, Knockainey just down from Premier with some nice young players as well as the old-stagers like Kirby & Finch. G/B pushed NaP all the way last year, M/B are down a few players from last year but do have quality in the panel and Feohanagh have Seamie Flanagan. Even relegation, it’s tough to call… a lot thought Caherline would go last year, will people opt for Kieran’s, who are in a difficult group? But I couldn’t call who the third team to progress in the other group, or who will be bottom.

And Junior is always ridiculously hard to call. No point even discussing it tbh, momentum is everything. You could be flying early in the year but one slip-up, one injury to a key player and you could be dumped out. It’s so even, a lot of these could beat each other on any given day. Like, Caherline came from basically nowhere to win it 2 years ago, they’re back down there now. Literally nobody here tipped Kieran’s to win it last year and they were pretty comprehensive in the end. You’ve got Cathal O’Neill with a young Crecora side, Hego with Pat’s, O’Grady with Kilteely/Dromkeen, McCarthy & Fitzgerald with Glantine, O’Farrell & O’Meara with Askeaton; some tidy forwards at this level. Drom made the final last year, Feenagh/Kilmeedy were flying earlier in the year, the likes of Castletown/Ballyagran, Tour, Kileedy are always decent and then you have the second teams if they get a few breaks.

In a tough year to predict, I wouldn’t be surprised if nobody picked the junior winner again, definitely the toughest of the lot.

4 Likes

Champions-Na Piarsaigh
Relegation from Senior A Group- Ahane
Promoted from Senior B Group- Adare
Relegated to Premier Intermediate- South Liberties

Premier Intermediate
Champions- Cappamore
Relegated- Dromin Athlacca

Intermediate
Champions- Murroe Boher
Relegated- Croom

Junior A
Champions- Caherline
Relegated- Ahane 2

Senior
Champions- Na Piarsaigh
Promoted from Senior B Group- Ballybrown
Relegated to Premier Intermediate - Garryspillane

Premier Intermediate
Champions- Effin
Relegated- Glenroe

Intermediate
Champions- Croagh/Kilfinny
Relegated- St Kieran’s

Junior A
Champions- Killeedy
Relegated- Rathkeale

Senior
Champions- Kilmallock
Promoted from Senior B Group- South Liberties
Relegated to Premier Intermediate - Garryspillane

Premier Intermediate
Champions- Effin
Relegated- Bruff

Intermediate
Champions- Kilmallock 2
Relegated- St Kieran’s

Junior A
Champions- Castetown/Ballygran
Relegated- Stakers

2 Likes

Never take a back step

Senior
Champions- Na Piarsaigh
Promoted from Senior B Group- Monaleen
Relegated to Premier Intermediate- Ballybrown

Premier Intermediate
Champions- Newcastle West
Relegated- NAP2

Intermediate
Champions- Kilmallock 2
Relegated- Croom

Junior A
Champions- Askeaton
Relegated- Old Christians

Senior
Champions- Na Piarsaigh
Promoted from Senior B Group- Monaleen
Relegated to Premier Intermediate- Adare

Premier Intermediate
Champions- Newcastlewest
Relegated- Bruff

Intermediate
Champions- Bruree
Relegated- Knockaderry

Junior A
Champions- St Patricks
Relegated- Ahane 2

We are confident guys

Any reason you think this?
Have they lost lads from last year?

I think Hannon’s injury isn’t good and I think that, without him, it’s very very even in that group. I think Ballybrown have probably the best attacking players but do they have a good setup?