Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

So he played a few games as a sub in Munster and no games in the All Ireland series and they gave him a medal?

Just stop posting for a while

He finished up esrly enough too, he must be 33 or 34 now?

He finished up when he was 30. Not many go beyond it by much

Had great optimism that year.

Beat Tipp in mucky conditions, superb draw in Cork with 14 most of the game, hammered Waterford and then Ennis… no Munster final and it looked a case of same old same old… (admittedly that Clare game was the third week on the trot and there was nothing in the legs).

The rest is history.

A good night in Carlow a few weeks later. Met Colm Bonnar and the Carlow team in the niteclub that night. Had a grand chat with him but couldn’t remember a word of it the following morning. Good times.

1 Like

Not much wrong with your memory all the same.

1 Like

Both teams went down to 14 in Ennis and poor aul dowling played in a one man full forward line

That was a horrible match to be at

Deep breaths. Deep breaths. It’ll pass

Clare won by 9 or 10 for a finish? Just remember the points raining down in the last few minutes when the game was gone.

A sibling got married the day before and was never as hungover at a match. Capped off a bad day.

1 Like

Not with that injury iirc i heard he couldnt train with the squad if they were on the astro in UL. Amongst my many conversations about negatives of astro pitches. Thats another conversation. He was a solid player everytime he played.

Try missing the train and everyone in the queens gloating and declaring they were going to win the AI :joy::joy:

1 Like

He was yeah, to be fair still ploughing away with the club when he could have easily walked away years ago.

Lads ploughing away with their club well into their 30’s and early 40’s is something you’d have to admire.

2 Likes

I love seeing teamsheets with former IC players still going and trying to guess their age. A small bit more tikber, produce a bit of class allowing you declare he’d still do a job at county.

2 Likes

Unless they’ve been remarkably lucky you can be guaranteed they’re managing pain to play too. Walking to the car upright and then falling apart when they get home with ice packs and foam rollers galore

Some poor misfortunes at junior level are going to be facing Na Piaraigh’s second team in about 8 years time when out trots both Caseys, WOD, David Dempsey and co. Dow probably player manager by then.

5 Likes

Have a look here and get back to me with some sensible comments.

I could walk up the steps in Croke Park myself with my walking stick if the Stewarts let me.

Itll be more box office than the wells junior b team last year (or was it the year before)

Henry Shefflin was playing Junior C for Ballyhale Shamrocks during the week.

Toomevara had a box office Junior C team in Tipp last year.

You could if you were part of the extended panel or played in the championship.

Barry Foley was moving better in his late 30s than he ever did in his 20s. The wrists on the cunt :heart_eyes:

He ended up back on the senior team late on.

We played @balbec 2 in a game a few years back and Paudie o’Brien destroyed us. He was senior again the following year the bollox

2 Likes