Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Apologies @Aristotle - late to the table, still celebrating - hope its not too late

Champions-Patrickswell
Relegation from Senior A Group- Doon-Controversial
Promoted from Senior B Group- Adare
Relegated to Premier Intermediate- South Liberties

Premier Intermediate
Champions- Effin
Relegated- Glenroe

Intermediate
Champions- Murroe Boher
Relegated- Knockaderry

Junior A
Champions- St Pats -Have to hope
Relegated- Claughaun

1 Like

cc @gilgamboa

What would the population of Liberties’ parish be? On paper, it looks like it covers a fairly large area.

They just don’t seem to have produced much at underage recently.

Would there be many housing estates and that in their catchment area? A lot of them lads end up in comp too. Doesn’t always help.

Lovely article with Ger O’Connell in the Leader today. He doesn’t give anything away as you’d expect but you get the sense of how proud he is to be such an integral part of the set up.

2 Likes

It isn’t one parish ?

Id say between donoughmore and roxboro there are 4k

Liberties would be 2 nominal parishes (Knockea & Donoughmore) but would draw from several others, including the Bohermore end of Ballybricken/Bohermore, Fedamore and even St. John’s as there would be players from the Georgian Village.

1 Like

Roxboro as well

I don’t think Roxboro is a parish. Think it’s part of Knockea.

1 Like

Himself & the Doc must be the longest-serving members of the backroom team by a mile.

And what kind of villages/towns/population centres are included?

Ballyneety, Drombanna, any other notable ones?

I thought roxboro was our lady queen of peace.

Ballysheedy, rathuard as well i suppose

Theres a roxboro school on the fedamore road just past Limerick golf club, i assume its that area

Is that old Cork Road? Why was it called Georgian village? It’s all relatively newly built?

The first row of houses was built in the late 70’s. It was always called the Georgian village based on the design.

1 Like

A lot of the old cork road crowd go to Donoughmore so that is probably a factor.

Geordan Village as the locals call it. The Old Cork road remains fairly undeveloped apart from the new estate at the end. I’d expect a lot more houses in there in the next 20 years. Especially since the mythical new train is supposed to stop there

Can we all just appreciate the fact Pallasgreen got 3 men sent off tonight.

17 Likes

Only?

3 Likes

You can’t bate tradition.

A row or what

1 Like