Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Excellent work @Aristotle. Top class.

Group 3 of the JAHC should be interesting this weekend as all 3 games are being reffed by the same person.

1 Like

Lad your knowledge on this is insane. If the leader had anything about them theyā€™d be on the phone to ya

1 Like

Its awful insulting telling a man he should be writing for a rag like the leader

2 Likes

@Aristotle should set up a link for ā€œbuy me a coffeeā€ such is the high standard of his previews and reviews.

Best club poster on this site.

9 Likes

Not just on this site. Thereā€™s no other outlet or resource in the county with the level of knowledge on teams and players outlined in the few posts above.

The buy me a coffee is a great shout.

2 Likes

Be funny on Monday if he called every prediction wrong after all our praise.

2 Likes

Tbf my record with actual predictions isnā€™t always great, if I get 60%, Iā€™d be happy enough!

Opening round is always tough to call thoughā€¦ Challenges are nothing compared to Championship.

I was involved with a team last year who were flying all year, racking up massive scores against teams at higher grades and just froze on the opening day, didnā€™t respond to adversity in-game. Itā€™s almost a different sport when something is on the line.

1 Like

Also donā€™t have time to be writing for the Leader, I have county titles to win :grin:

2 Likes

Predictions are a total guessing game across a wide range of fixtures.

Itā€™s the excellent background behind the previews. Team news like injuries, league form, challenges and even management disruptions.

Thereā€™s also a focus on some of the less heralded bites compared to the typical sound bites on the county players.

2 Likes

Thanks Dodgy, where was Dan playing? He must be one of the fastest players in Limerick, an absolute rocket.

That Niall Martin is only very young, how did he play?

Did B/B look like a side that might go deep into the competition? Tbf to Dermot McCarthy, heā€™s a serious player and has soldiered a fair while for one of the smallest clubs in the county.

I donā€™t think anybody meant it to be an insult tbf.

would you go back to bed and get out the other side there by any chance?

1 Like

In full forward, he didnā€™t stray all game. He got a few nice scores from frees and play. Heā€™s lightning, on more than one occasion he burnt the defenders.

NM took the goal well, he was pulled back and it would have been a penalty but he eventually scrambled it over the line. He was alright overall.

Stakers do well just to field a team every year. Tiny pick. Good to see young Paddy Mooney who has been in with the Limerick minors in recent times playing with them. A Stakers associate had concerns heā€™d have been poached by now.

Neither side looked like county championship winning material but thatā€™s said every year for nearly every junior club. Itā€™s rare a team at that level is head and shoulders above the rest. Somebody has to win it. Kieranā€™s came from nowhere last year really.

1 Like

Serious kudos to limerickgaatv for their package deal of 110 for guaranteed 30 games

2 Likes

That is actually very good.

Just a slight tweak to the scheduling (next weekend is arguably worse than this weekend) and weā€™ll be flying.

At least with the subscription you can go to a game of your choice and watch back other games

1 Like

Askeaton will rue that, losing 2-15 to 0-18 to a decent looking Monagea side.

Got off to a disasterous start, conceding a very soft goal to be down 1-3 to 0-0 after 5 minutes. Slowly dragged our way into the game and after being 3 points down at half time we were level within 5 minutes of the restart. However we couldnā€™t gain the upper hand and Monagea stretched the gap to 3 again and maintained that until the final 5 minutes.

A late flurry of points saw Askeaton draw level again as the game edged into added time. Monagea were awarded a free on the half line which somehow ended up finding itā€™s way to the top corner of the Askeaton net. The final whistle was blown straight after.

For Askeaton, Willie Oā€™Meara was in scintillating form, hitting 15 points in total with 6 of those from play.

1 Like

Why has he fallen off the county scene? He had a bad injury did he?

Big win for the Well tonight

1 Like