Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Doons junior A team will be going well to stay up.interesting to see if they can field a junior B team now.whole year is fucked.

How many did they lose tonight? I counted 4 I think? They are in with 4 other 2nd teams so should surely pull a couple of wins of it.

I’d say they’ll be okay. Should be enough quality in there to beat someone somewhere. They’ll end up in the bottom half of the split for next year’s junior you’d imagine though. If it actually happens this time

Ya but Doon were down 9 seniorplayers tonight.i know every team has injuries to deal with but that’s a lot

There’s the rest of them.

NCW and Glenroe 0/2 now and Effin lost after a good win last weekend.

1 Like

Blackrock hung on for another one point win this week, 15-14 against Newcastle West. Newcastle West were 4 up with 10 to go but Blackrock, aided by the breeze drew level with a minute to go and went ahead in injury time.
Newcastle West then had a goal chance that hit the post and bounced along the line before being scrambled clear

3 Likes
9 Likes

You forgot the finest of the lot in Croagh Park - not just seats, but Hogan Stand seats. Your arse is literally sitting on history.

8 Likes

It was always going to be Doon who dropped out of the big four

When you have a clare man in charge, what do you expect. DOD fought like an animal to his credit and AE played well if there is any positives

Ah they won’t be down long. A bad year perhaps. They still have what 5 county lads? DOD one of the best hurlers in the country. English one of the best young hurlers in the country.

We’ll win that pulling up,no weddings next week :grinning:

1 Like

Saw a video there of Hego doing a great bit of karaoke to Ronan Keating😅 Was he hurling this weekend with St. Patricks?

Knockaderry 3-22 Kilmallock 0-16. FT.

That’s a big win. They were trailing by 8 the last I saw the score.

They’ll have to do a rethink on “burning players”.

It never sat too well With me the rule but too many teams will struggle for numbers and will lead to less players playing championship games.

Damn split season :rage:

Its a stupid rule. In rubby to play a level before is if you started 50% or more games the season before or to that point in the season at the higher level

I remember it being queried before and the answer was too much admin involved.

It’ll lead to the 2nd and/or 3rd teams of clubs struggling for numbers. The rule is there to protect junior clubs and rightly so, but I would change it to something like you are only burnt if you play more than a half of a game.

2 Likes