Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

It is mostly down to player availability

Some of the pitches used are just unstreamable. Thinking of Group 2, Crecora against Caherline in Fedamore and Crecora against Claughaun in Rathbane are two unacceptable venues in terms of camera operating!

1 Like

NCW premier u19 champions with a win tonight over Fr Casey’s

1 Like

Wouldn’t be like Mungret to lose a final

3 Likes

Tell us about the annual challenge game held last night.

Less said the better.

A 180 turnabout in the past few seasons

At least ye actually turned up this time I suppose

With 28 players

Took a Ballysteen man to finally put a bit of order on ye.

2nd time round

@TreatyStones are rumours of Askeaton entering a football team true?

No.

1 Like

Ballysteen v K/P in the U19 football isn’t it?

That’s one semi.

Drom playing someone in the other.

One of either Drom or KP will win it out. We’ve a fierce young team.

1 Like

Course, sure they’re all only u19.

Drom/Broadford*

Feenagh for the double… ahhhhhh thank youuuuu

Important weekend in football for many clubs coming up.

Senior Group 1
Oola up against Fr.Casey’s on Saturday. Oola basically need a win to stay in the hunt. Otherwise they are in trouble for a relegation fight with NCW on their schedule as well. Fr. Casey’s should be much stronger with a few players back such as Riordan & ROB. Oola are still without Josh so it’s hard to see anything other than an Abbeyfeale win here. Casey’s by 6.
K/P and St. Kieran’s will be a tight one. Kieran’s I believe have lads back too since rounds 1&2. They still have a few injuries. K/P are flying and a win will put them in good position to even book a bye to the semi finals. They have put up good scores so far and with the trio of Nash, McCarthy and Downes, they have a solid side. I predict K/P by 2.
NCW and Claughaun on Sunday. Hard not to see past NCW here. Claughaun are nice players on the ball but lack the depth and strength to take it to the next level. I reckon they will be intermediate before a knockout side. NCW the favourites, not as strong it appears this year without Diarmuid kelly and Sheehan but still NCW by 5.

Group 2
Galtee Gaels up against Adare. Adare and Monaleen will fight it out for top spot but Adare will more than likely take it with h2h over Monaleen already. Adare have GG and the two Bally’s left and although Ballysteen tend to cause them problems over the years, it’s hard again not to see them straight to the semi finals in a few weeks. Hugh Bourke and Eoin Ryan back is huge for them, though I think Paul Maher is abroad currently. Big loss. GG are pretty weak this year, scraped past a measly Ballylanders before going down to Ballysteen. Adare by 7+.
Ballysteen v Ballylanders on Saturday in another Bally - Ballyagran. Big, big game for both sides. Ballysteen will climb to at least 3rd with a win, assuming GG lose to Adare. I reckon they are 4/5 points the better team but Ballylanders will always bring you down to their level. Nonetheless, do not expect this to have much quality whatsoever. Possibly some fireworks though. Ballysteen by 1.
Monaleen have already won convincingly against Na Piarsaigh this week, 2-12 to 0-10. Na Piarsaigh are really underperforming for their numbers and talent. They should be doing much better. I suppose their big hurlers obviously don’t play and they would make a big difference. It seems the big 4 will continue to be so this year, maybe that will be cracked by a K/P or St. Kieran’s but this season is parallel to the last few unfortunately.

5 Likes