Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

If the Well & Askeaton both win final group game, is it decided by scoring difference? Askeaton/Ballybricken/Monagea would all cancel each other out in the head to head.

We wish to inform clubs the change in rule which was implemented at Congress with reference to Rule 6.21 (5) is in situ for this year’s championships.

Note the change below

6.21 County Championships

(5) If a Championship is partly organised on a League basis, the following Regulations shall apply:

(a) League results shall be credited as follows: 2 points for a win, and one for a draw.

(b) If a Team is Disqualified or Retires during the course of the League Stage, its played Games shall stand and its unplayed Games shall be awarded to the Opposing Teams.

(c) Except where provided for otherwise in these Rules, in County Bye-Law or in Competition Regulation, when Teams finish with equal points for Qualification for the Concluding Stages, or for Promotion or Relegation, the tie shall be decided by the following means and in the order specified:

(i) The higher number of League Points obtained in the ‘Head-to-Head’ games defined as the games in which the teams involved in the tie have played each other.

(ii) The higher Scoring Difference (subtracting the total Scores Against from total Scores For) in the ‘Head-to-Head’ games. CHAMPIONSHIPS CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS CHAPTER 6 GAMES & COMPETITIONS 97

(iii) The higher Scores For in the ‘Head-toHead’ games.

(iv) If the application of criteria (i) to (iii) results in a team(s) being successful or eliminated but there is still a relevant tie to be decided, criteria (i) to (iii) are to be repeated for the ‘Head-to-Head’ games only of the still tied teams.

(v) The higher Scoring Difference in all games in the League Group.

(vi) The higher Scores For in all games in the League Group.

(vii) A Play-Off.

Exceptions to (c): Except where provided for otherwise in County Bye-Law or Competition Regulation, Regulations (i) to (vi) inclusive above shall not apply to Under 17 or younger age grade competitions. Where a team’s total Scores For and total Scores Against record is affected by there not being a score for a game consequent on a walk-over, retirement, disqualification or loss of game on a proven objection, an Average Score For and an Average Score Against achieved by the team in its other games played (in Head-to-Head games or All Games in the Group, as applicable) shall be applied to the game concerned and calculated as follows: If it arises where a ‘Head-to-Head’ scores criteria is applicable, the team’s Scores For and Scores Against made in the ‘Head-to-Head’ games played shall be seperately totalled and both Scores For and Scores Against totals shall be seperately divided by the number of ‘Head-to-Head’ games the team has acutally played. If it arises where a score cirteria involving all games in the League Group is applicable, the team’s Scores For and Scores Against made in all games played shall be seperately totalled and both the Scores For and Scores Against totals shall be seperately divided by the number of all games the team has actually played. (d) A Disqualification shall only affect further participation in the current Championship involved and not the following year’s Championship or Qualification for it. In the context of a 98 Disqualification, in any Promotion or Relegation Process, a Team shall retain the points it has won in a Stage of the Championship run on a League Basis.

1 Like

Only 5 months late

Doesn’t matter what happens now. Caherline and Crecora/Manister are the two teams through. C/M superior score difference in the matches between them, Tournafulla and Templeglantine

1 Like

Score difference of the matches between those 3. I think it would mean Askeaton would need to beat Ballybricken by a nice few.

I don’t think so because Monagea beat both Askeaton & B/B.

Askeaton need the Stakers to beat K/D.

Had never considered that angle, but sounds like you are right based on the above. You can still use h2h in a 3 way tie if one team has beaten both the others.

Obviously they’ll be very disappointed with the manner of the two defeats but the key now will be to beat B/B and ensure they’re in the Premier Junior next year and have a real crack off it.

3 wins and 3rd would be a major upgrade on previous years, but ya given the nature of the losses it will definitely feel like a huge opportunity lost if they beat Ballybricken and don’t qualify.

I couldn’t make the match tonight but it sounds like Stakers were dogged enough.

My bad, right you are. Askeaton need too many favours.

We shouldn’t be losing to Hospital by twelve. In trouble now.

Ye must have left a few lads behind at the Cross

Must have left the cap there

1 Like

Just back from sun scorched Newcastle.

Team G/B 0-20 St Kieran’s 0-11.

A dour, turgid affair that will not live long in the memory. G/B battled to the two points, a fourth consecutive group win, and ensure automatic passage to the county semi final.

Kieran’s are as honest and dogged a team that’s out there. Their football tactics of swarm tackling and extra defenders reaped dividends as they frustrated G/B, making it a really scrappy affair with frees aplenty.

The Saints have nobody able to score from out the field so stick to what they know best. Carried the ball forward and drew fouls, which they were quite adept at. They’d end up with only two points from play over the hour.

G/B will be really disappointed with their display, although the other side is they won an ugly, horrible match they’d have lost at any other time in the last few years. Bit of grit shown when things weren’t going right.

5 in it at the break, 0-11 v 0-06, with the Knockfierna men hitting a ball of bad wides. Croagh gaffer Martin Kiely was an interested observer and wouldn’t have seen a whole lot to test his charges who’ve looked imperious in this campaign so far.

After the break the St Kieran’s men lowered the blade, picked up an early yellow for a bad chop across the hand before worse was to follow. Young Darragh Casey, part of the Limerick Munster minor winning panel of 2019, hared through and pointed but not before the Kieran’s defender pulled wildly across his head. Probably made worse by the sound of the crack of the helmet. A really filthy, awful challenge that could have caused serious harm. Credit to ref Jonathan Hayes - I’ve seen enough refs bottle it with a yellow but he had no hesitation in brandishing the straight red.

The game descended into even more of a slug fest after, both sides incensed for different reasons. A few mild dust ups, just a really niggly affair but G/B emerged injury and suspension free to claim ownership of the group. Easily their worst display of the year though, which is no bad thing.

Murroe Boher easily accounted for Croom tonight in the other game in the group. It leaves it all delicately poised ahead of the final round.

G/B P4 Pts 8
Knockainey P4 Pts 6
Kieran’s P4 Pts 4
Murroe Boher P4 Pts 4
Feohanagh P4 Pts 2
Croom P4 Pts 0.

Group 2 Round 5 Fixtures - G/B v M/B, Knockainey v Kieran’s, Feohanagh v Croom. Intrigue at both ends. G/B have the head to head advantage over the All Blacks so will finish top, irrespective of what happens in round 5.

Feohanagh v Croom is a straight decider - loser faces into a relegation final. The second and third placed teams has more permutations than you can shake a stick at. What a championship.

The meeting of the Big 2 tomorrow in the other group will be an epic. Croagh v Bruree at 5 in Croom, the winner will advance straight to the semi final. I’d fancy Croagh. The great and the good of Limerick GAA will be at it, most notably @Gary_Birtles_Lovechi

10 Likes

Anyone a report of Murroe/Croom? Murroe back going well?

Apparently they played well but Croom are very poor this year. They lost by 7 to Kieran’s and M/B have a lot more scoring forwards.

Tobin did wreck apparently.

1 Like

Gent, thank you

Himself and Mikey Ryan got a heap.

2 Likes

Another easy win today for the superblues. We are going to daaa moooooon

2 Likes

I see Castletown Ballyagran gave Ahane an awful hammering also.