Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Small sided games will change rugby forever

He’ll have to roll back on the physicality, rugby is gone fierce soft. Hego would live in the bunker

2 Likes

He’s definitely doing some sort of talent identification for the Irfu academies with Paul o Connell

Basically putting them off the scent of any potential Limerick hurlers?

Doesn’t sound like it.

Apparently he’s been building some sort of talent identification maths formula which can be adjusted for specific sports.

Not sure if it’s exactly full time with the Irfu but it’s across all the provinces I heard.

Moneyball

Something like that anyway

Big, coordinated, fast cunts.

I think it’s fair to say Kinnerk is largely the secret sauce of limericks success

You’d hope every possible measure of used to retain him on a long term basis

I don’t think he’s leaving but the fact a fella like him has stayed with hurling for 15 years or whenever he started with Clare is absolutely incredible.

POD has more dog in him than a lot of bigger lads. He just has it, it would be a massive mistake not to develop him.

He is very like Mul, in his work rate. Better in the air, a better striker of the ball, will he be as strong in the tackle or able to hold off powerful backs? I don’t really see why not with the right training.

3 Likes

I think he will be in Kiely’s plans - outperformed the other u20s this year who were on senior panel

He will be looking to budge the likes of O Reilly from
The panel

I like Bryan a lot but I don’t think that’s true.

In terms of top-level hurling, POD has that elite sidestep that people like Mul & Casey have. Nix doesn’t have that. He also is nowhere near as good a striker off both sides and his touch wouldn’t be as good.

That’s not to say he isn’t good at all those things but POD is ahead on those. Nix is a good worker too and can score; if he could just speed up his decision-making a tiny bit, he’d be a top forward.

4 Likes

Blackrock 2-18 Bruff 1-26

A week is a long time in the box office Premier Intermediate hurling championship. Bruff struggled against Dromin/Athlacca last week with a good few wides and very little from play, no such issues this week and they led six points to one after ten minutes.

They were 16-6 up going into injury time in the first half, largely due to eight points from play from Danny O’Leary but Blackrock got the final two points of the half to make some bit of a game of it.

Three minutes into injury time Colm O’Keefe took a shot for a point from out the field which dropped short and the keeper fumbled it into the net to close the gap to five. Unfortunately for Blackrock, Bruff immediately responded with a goal from Bobby O’Brien to lead 1-16 to 1-8 at half time.

It was a bit tit for tat for the early part of the second half though it felt like Blackrock were pushing harder. In fairness it looked like they were down a few bodies and they readjusted a bit at half time.

They started to win a bit more ball in their half forward line. Paul Browne continued clearing ball after ball having said that.

Ian O’Brien, who did a very good job man marking Paddy O’Donovan a couple of weeks ago, really came into it in the middle of the field for Blackrock and took one nice point.

Paudie Leahy hit five from play in total along with a few frees to help keep them in the chase but they never fully looked like closing the gap.

A goal from Barry O’Shaughnessy reduced the deficit to five again with about 15 to go although the Kilmallock scoreboard operator was missing a point for Bruff for about 10 minutes.

The closest they got was a three point gap though; all Bruff had to do was keep tipping over a few points really and Darragh Butler did that with nine frees and two from play. Danny O’Leary scored another two in the second half to bring his total to 10 from play.

Bruff might not have the same big names as Effin but are a good solid team.

7 Likes

Some scoring from Danny. He’s a very skilful player but has struggled to put performances of that level together with any kind of consistency.

1 Like

Limerick GAA Saturday Results:
Saturday 9th September

Lyons of Limerick Premier Intermediate Hurling Championship Round 5

Bruff 1-26 Blackrock 2-18
Newcastle West 3-16 Glenroe 1-17

Nick Grene Sportsgrounds Maintenace Intermediate Hurling Championship Group 1

Hospital Herbertstown 2-24 Kilmallock 2-12
Pallasgreen 3-15 Knockaderry 0-15

Nick Grene Sportsgrounds Maintenace, Intermediate Hurling Championship Group 2

Murroe Boher 1-29 Croom 1-17
Granagh Ballingarry 0-20 St Kierans 0-11

Woodlands House Hotel & Spa Junior A Hurling Championship Group 1

Askeaton 3-18 Staker Wallace 2-15
Ballybricken/Bohermore 2-18 Patrickswell 2-14

Woodlands House Hotel & Spa, Junior A Hurling Championship Group 2

Tournafulla 1-24 Garryspillane 1-16
Caherline 3-20 Claughaun 1-14
Crecora/Manister 1-27 Templeglantine 1-19.

7 Likes

Super game today in Rathkeale. Had everything, super conditions, 2 teams fully committed, 30 man schmozzle, red card and a superstar showing why he is the best young hurler in Ireland.

10 Likes

I think the top 4 in that group play each other in the last round?

In Group 1 it’s looking like Kilteely will top the group, while Monagea are in pole position for 2nd, but they still need to beat the Well last day.

If the Well were to win it would open things right up with the winners of Askeaton v Ballybricken coming right into the mix, with the potential for a 3 way tie on 6 points if Askeaton said.

1 Like

Just give the Intermediate cup to Team G/B already. Miles ahead of the pack.

We are playing Garryspillane 2 in the last round, so barring a major upset, it should be Caherline and CM through from Group 2. Glantine are playing Caherline I think and Tour are playing an ailing Claughaun.

1 Like